girly_shu

N-400 based on marriage. Confused about 3/5 year work/travel history

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I don't mind putting 5 years worth of history i am just confused on how to do that.

For example I got here in the States in May 2010 after i was here on a J1 visa 2 summers in a row (2008 and 2009)working at my husband's father-in-law's hotel. The 3rd year I came back 2010 in May and we got married (so we have been married for 4 years now and became LPR in March 2011 so been LPR 3 years and 8 months). Since then i traveled back to my home country once every year for no longer than 2-3 weeks at a time. And one of the questions in the form Part 8 is: How many total days did you spend outside the United States during the last 5 years? So do I include the period between Jan - May 2010 plus the trips that i took 2011,2012, 2013,2014 or should I just include the trips after I became permanent resident after we got married SEPT 2010.

Same thing with the residency. the first 5 months in 2010 i was in my home country and was at my mom's apartment and i have lived there my whole life so do I put my Bulgarian address from the date I was born up until May 2010 when I stayed here to complete my 5 years of residence history or do i just put those 5 months 1/1/2010 - 05/15/2010?

Same thing with work history - since may 2010 i have worked for 2 employers only and i have the dates for them in the form. But the first 5 months in 2010 before I came here i was still attending college which i started in 2006. So in order for me to have 5 year work/school history should I then add my college with the starting date in 2006 - may 2010?

This is the only reason why I was trying to present 3 years only because it's pretty clear. I have only had 1 address for all the years i have been here in US since may 2010 and only 2 employers. And 4 trips to Bulgaria 2011, 2012,2013,2014. So i thought that maybe it will be very confusing to add these 5 months the beginning of 2010 when I wasn't even here in the US yet.

What would you recommend? I would appreciate any tips. Thank you!!

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.