Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

N-400 based on marriage. Confused about 3/5 year work/travel history

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

I don't mind putting 5 years worth of history i am just confused on how to do that.

For example I got here in the States in May 2010 after i was here on a J1 visa 2 summers in a row (2008 and 2009)working at my husband's father-in-law's hotel. The 3rd year I came back 2010 in May and we got married (so we have been married for 4 years now and became LPR in March 2011 so been LPR 3 years and 8 months). Since then i traveled back to my home country once every year for no longer than 2-3 weeks at a time. And one of the questions in the form Part 8 is: How many total days did you spend outside the United States during the last 5 years? So do I include the period between Jan - May 2010 plus the trips that i took 2011,2012, 2013,2014 or should I just include the trips after I became permanent resident after we got married SEPT 2010.

Same thing with the residency. the first 5 months in 2010 i was in my home country and was at my mom's apartment and i have lived there my whole life so do I put my Bulgarian address from the date I was born up until May 2010 when I stayed here to complete my 5 years of residence history or do i just put those 5 months 1/1/2010 - 05/15/2010?

Same thing with work history - since may 2010 i have worked for 2 employers only and i have the dates for them in the form. But the first 5 months in 2010 before I came here i was still attending college which i started in 2006. So in order for me to have 5 year work/school history should I then add my college with the starting date in 2006 - may 2010?

This is the only reason why I was trying to present 3 years only because it's pretty clear. I have only had 1 address for all the years i have been here in US since may 2010 and only 2 employers. And 4 trips to Bulgaria 2011, 2012,2013,2014. So i thought that maybe it will be very confusing to add these 5 months the beginning of 2010 when I wasn't even here in the US yet.

What would you recommend? I would appreciate any tips. Thank you!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...