Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-131 "Application type" help!

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I am currently on an H1B that will expire in July 2015. About 1 month ago I got married, my husband is USC and we live in the US.

So now we are getting together all the forms and documents to apply for a GC and AOS.

I want to submit a I-131 because I'll go back home (Italy) in April (although I may not need it at that time cause I will be on the H1B still, but it seems safer to do it anyway from what I've read... Plus we'll be traveling outside of the US again in October 2015, and at that time I won't have the working visa anymore.

So I have 2 questions:

1. The form asks for traveling dates. I wrote the April dates, but there is no space for additional dates, so will I have to submit the form again in October if my GC is not arrived??

2. What is my application type?? is it 1a - I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the United States and I am applying for a reentry permit. OR 1d - I am applying for Advance Parole Document to the US after temporary foreign travel?

I think it's 1d..but I want to be sure before sending it!

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK... question #3: is "visit family" an OK reason to request the document? I really have to go both in April and October! My best friend is getting married AND we have to organize our formal wedding that will happen in October in Rome.... they ask for documentation tho... would the contract with the venue and the invites be enough?

Please help me!! I'm freaking out!! :(

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...