Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Affidavit of Support and Needed Income Documents

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea

Hi, we have been approved for a k-1 visa and my fiancé is already done with the medical exam and has visited the police station for police clearance. She is just waiting to be interviewed. I know I need to submit some documents proving income and I already have the letter from my employer stating how much I make and that I am a permanent employee.

As for the bank statement that needs the date the account is opened, the present balance and the amount deposited over the past year I am having a bit of trouble getting all of those three pieces of information in one letter. My bank is Chase and they gave me a letter stating the average balance and the date the account was opened along with the present balance. When I asked them that I needed the total amount that was deposited over the past year they said they could not give a different letter than the previous statement they printed out. Instead the bank teller gave me a list of all the deposits made to my account over the past year to include with the other letter, and said that is all she can do.

Will this suffice for my fiancée when she goes to her interview? The letter from Chase bank with the account opening date and the average balance has the bank teller information on it, but the listing of my deposits appeared to be just a print out from a website. It doesn't list the total amount deposited either, just the deposits themselves. Should I just include a letter stating the total amount deposited (adding up the deposits myself) and include it with the original letter or should I do something else?

Any insight would be helpful. I am also aware I need to give the last two months pay stubs and last W2 which I have. If it helps I make more than the 125% poverty guidelines for 2014.

Thanks for your help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...