ElucienandShaina

What does it mean when we get an Alien Registration number?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

So what does it mean if I got my NOA1 and then the Alien Registration a few days after? I just don't know what getting the alien registration number means. I read somewhere on here that it comes after NOA2, but I don't have the NOA2.

The Alien Reg number is just the number assigned to you and your case and will be your reference point when you get your visa and beyond that (e.g. your AOS). You get it right after your NOA1, not your NOA2. It just means they've given your case a number and reference point. Doesn't mean anything else.

K1

Nov 7, 2013 - i-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

Nov 16, 2013 - noa 1 received

feb 20, 2014 - noa 2 approved

march 5, 2014 - case number assigned at NVC

march 14, 2014 - case received by local embassy

april 4, 2014 - interview

may 1, 2014 - visa in hand

june 13, 2014 - POE: Boston

AOS

Aug 1, 2014 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 6, 2014 - NOA1

Aug 19, 2014 - Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD

Sept 29, 2014 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Mid-Nov - Potential Waiver of Interview letter received

End of May 2015 - renewed my EAD/AP, got the NOA1 and another letter stating that I don't need to do biometrics appt.

June 11, 2015 - welcome to America letter! (no interview...no service request..)

June 16, 2015 - green card in hand

The Alien Reg number is just the number assigned to you and your case and will be your reference point when you get your visa and beyond that (e.g. your AOS). You get it right after your NOA1, not your NOA2. It just means they've given your case a number and reference point. Doesn't mean anything else.

Exactly!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.