Ian H.

Sending and receiving international mail from Bani, DR

12 posts in this topic

I used UPS when I sent my spouse the docs for the interview back when we did K1, and again when I needed her civil docs to send to the NVC and what have you. It was pretty expensive like $50 I believe.

My grandma petitioned my uncle and I'm trying to save her as much money as possible since she's on social security. Is there a cheap, but secure way of sending and receiving docs to/from the DR?

I was considering international mail through USPS, but I only trust them so so here in the US, let alone internationally. What about any agencias de viaje? Are they any good? My aunt used one a long time ago when I got my USC to send me my birth cert, but I think it was around $30.

It doesn't matter if they take a week or two, since we don't need these docs right away, so if anyone knows please help. Thanks. Answers much appreciated. :)

This does not constitute legal advice.

Are the documents just copies? If they are i suggest you scan the papers and email it to her So she can print them out.

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

No, the documents that I have to send and he has to send back are originals.

After i paid a very expensive mail at fedex sending documents to my fiance, i found a very secure way to send documents to USA.

I pay 20 dollars or less to send documents and sometimes package to my fiance.

The service is SMS (spress Mail Service) at INPOSDOM, it is a service at the dominican post office, but it isnt public is a service that they have with USA and all country in the world, the service is very secure , they give you a tracking number like fedex and you can go at the us mail page and see where is you package .

It is very secure and they delivery to your house.

My fiance send me package certificate mail and never get lost.

It is take 8 or 10 days to send the documents or package.

Try it the service SMS, IT IS VERY GOOD AND no expensive.

When go to inposdom be sure to say that you want use sms service.

No, I mean what is the place that you used to send the docs. Is it called inposdom here, or do you send it from somewhere else like USPS?

No, I mean what is the place that you used to send the docs. Is it called inposdom here, or do you send it from somewhere else like USPS?

You go to inposdom office

At inposdom they have the service sms.

En una oficina de correo de inposdom, ellos tienen el servicio sms, y es muy seguro.

If you are at USA you go to the us mail post office and send the package certificate to DR.

IF you are at DR you go to inposdom , correo dominicano and ask for sms.

At usa you send the package certificate.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.