sanfrancisco

pls help.. confused

3 posts in this topic

hi everyone!

I Need help. we got our noa2 last december 8,2006 thru email and also the hard copy of it few days after. As far as we know the next step that we need to do is wait for the packet to be sent to philippines and wait for the medical and interview schedule which will be provided by US embassy in Manila. We tried checking on the visa appointment schedule online and it is still not showing our schedule. ( But ive read here that they update it every 15th of the month so i understand that part.) So, anyway, we called the number for US (i believe its call center) and asked them if they already have a schedule for us for the interview and medical and i was surprised by what the lady said coz she told me that my fiance needs to call the embassy in manila for her to make an appointed for the interview.

So now im confused coz i thought the US embassy in manila will be the one to provide you with the interview date and all that.

CAn you please shed some light over this matter...

Also, what do we really need to do now??

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks!

:help:

SanFran, Best to go to the foriegn embassy section and join the Manila Embassy Thread.

After the NOA2, ur fiance should receive a letter confirming receipt of the NOA. Then a packet 4 with ur medical and interview schedule dates plus instructions on what forms to complete. She is going to need her NBI, BC fresh from NSO, CEMONAR, CFO, Police certicficate...etc

You are going to need to provide the 134 Affidavit of support (notarized), letter of intent to marry (both of u), Letter from your bank... etc. Just look at the K-1 Guidelines and FAQ, it shoudl help you. Ken

hi everyone!

I Need help. we got our noa2 last december 8,2006 thru email and also the hard copy of it few days after. As far as we know the next step that we need to do is wait for the packet to be sent to philippines and wait for the medical and interview schedule which will be provided by US embassy in Manila. We tried checking on the visa appointment schedule online and it is still not showing our schedule. ( But ive read here that they update it every 15th of the month so i understand that part.) So, anyway, we called the number for US (i believe its call center) and asked them if they already have a schedule for us for the interview and medical and i was surprised by what the lady said coz she told me that my fiance needs to call the embassy in manila for her to make an appointed for the interview.

So now im confused coz i thought the US embassy in manila will be the one to provide you with the interview date and all that.

CAn you please shed some light over this matter...

Also, what do we really need to do now??

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks!

:help:

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi SanFran,

My fiancee recently finished her interview at the Manila US Embassy Feb 7, 2007 and was approved, now we are waiting for her passport and visa to be delivered to Davao City (should take 4 to 5 days to process the Visa and then 5 to 7 days for delivery).

I remember when we received our NOA2 letter (I was in the Philippines at the time Nov 21 - Dec 17, 2006) so I couldn't verify that NVC had sent me a letter back home in California. When I returned home to Cali she received a letter from the US Embassy stating that it would take up to 180 days before we were scheduled a Medical Exam and Interview. It took approximately 10 days for the Manila US Embassy to receive our packet from NVC.

However, our situation was a little different, since my fiancee applied to request for an early appointment. Her request was granted and they scheduled us for an Early Medical Exam and Interview and didn't have to wait 180 days. She actually received the early appointment date before she received the standard letter stating 180 days wait to be scheduled an appointment.

Early appointment: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3227.html

You will have to wait to receive the standard letter from the Manila US Embassy and should tell you that it takes 180 days to be scheduled an Medical Exam and Interview.

We didn't have to call the US Embassy in Manila to make an appointment, they sent us a letter and again this is for a K1 Fiancee Visa. The reason that I know is that I actually tried to make an appointment using the online VisaPoint application and paid $10, just to find out that when I started to fill out the application it didn't have a selection for K1 visa's, but had other types of visa's available. So I spent $10 for nothing. K1 Fiancee Visa's have to wait for the US Embassy to send you a letter of scheduled Medical Exam and Interview.

Online VisaPoint: http://philippines.usembassy.gov/wwwhvpnt.html

I was also confused when I read that section: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html

Starting 01 November 2006, ALL nonimmigrant visa applicants must use the online Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF) or DS-156 Form. The EVAF is free of charge, will speed up the processing of visas, and reduce waiting time. It is also easy to use because it is the same application form that is currently used, except it is online.

Handwritten or typed visa applications will no longer be accepted by the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit in Manila. If applicants do not have an EVAF on the day of their scheduled interview, they will have to reschedule their interview through the Call Center or through the VisaPoint™.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Eddie and Aia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.