Twinkles

Couple of questions

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

My Son (beneficiary) is approaching his 21st Birthday in January.

Been on this process for his i130 since beginning of Nov 2013 we are currently in the 60 day black hole for our AOS and IV packages.

We know his age is currently frozen by Immigration until completion of the process.

Just wondering....when his visa is issued, if anyone knows how long his visa will be for, before expiry.

If we do make it to the London Embassy before his 21st Birthday, will they want him off British soil asap, or will he have the same time frame i had for example, with my K1 visa ( i think that was for 6 months).

Second question is, i remember when he was going to originally come with me on my K1 visa, due to his age (16) and no contact with his Biological Father, i had to make a sworn statement at the Embassy window related to that.

He is 20 now, will they still require something to that effect again? I'm guessing not, but i don't want to just assume >.>

To my knowledge, him turning 18 put an end to all of that.

I-129F Sent : 2009-10-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-20

Packet 3 Received : 2010-02-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-05-20

Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-23

Booked into Norman Bates Hotel: 2010-07-29

Medical : 2010-07-29 (4 letters issued >.<)

Interview Date : 2010-07-30 (pending medical results)

Email from Embassy: 2010-10-22 They confirm they have medical results, we are under final review.

Courier website : 2010-11-2 shows packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval! Or is it??! argh the suspense!

Visa Delivered <3 : 2010-11-3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! *cup of tea to celebrate*

US Entry (Dulles) : 2011-2-27 Hot Tomales time <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.