deborabr

I-751 with DUI

17 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, deborabr said:

I just want to add to my previous post that I did not send the arrest report because the police department wanted me to hire a lawyer to have access to the report. My case was approved even without that but each location and officer can request more information if they don't think they have enough proof.

Deborabr 

Thank you for your response. I have not filed n400 yet because I'm not eligible because of the DUI. I asked a lawyer today who advised me that probation will not cause my case to be denied. I originally sent the police report but they wanted the court docs. 

So I guess for now I have to keep waiting until they either approve my case or request I attend an interview. Ofcause I'm hoping they are able to approve me without an interview

2 hours ago, Val2014 said:

Deborabr 

Thank you for your response. I have not filed n400 yet because I'm not eligible because of the DUI. I asked a lawyer today who advised me that probation will not cause my case to be denied. I originally sent the police report but they wanted the court docs. 

So I guess for now I have to keep waiting until they either approve my case or request I attend an interview. Ofcause I'm hoping they are able to approve me without an interview

Hi Val,

I apologize for mixing it up!!!! =) So regarding the I-751 I had no problems at all and I was still under probation too. 

I just sent them the court disposition document certified by the court showing what I was charged and what the court imposed me which in my case was the 3 month DUI program, a BIG fine, 4 days of jail time which I didn't really understand how that worked but I only spent a few hours after my arrest and then was released and the 3 year probation. At the time I had completed the DUI program and paid all the fines so I just sent all the documents everything was completed and I had my driver's license reinstated. I did not send the arrest report. They never asked for RFE or interview. I just got my 10 year green card on the mail.   You should be just fine. I apologize again for mixing up the N-400 with the I-751 but at least now you know about both of them. Please send me a message if you have any other questions.

I applied to remove conditions on October 27th, 2014 and received my green card on April 20th, 2015. At the time I was living in California but the whole process was just fine and I was charged with DUI in May of 2014 just a few months before I had to submit my paperwork so I was super worried too. I hope everything works out for you.

Edited by deborabr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.