gonzalezsantos

Co-sponsor -Dominican consular (affidavit)

8 posts in this topic

guys! Hope everything is well . Please - anyone that is able to answer this question go ahead( all suggestions, opinions, experiences, thoughts, and facts are greatly appreciated) . I am open to clarify my question as replies come in. it seems complicated.

I, the petitioner, am 20 years old turning 21 in december. College student. My fiance and I have been together for a while( 5 years) 4 years being apart :(. Well that's enough from us. Question is- ive never had a fulltime permanent job neither have I ever filed tax returns. My parents file joint taxes and claim me as one of their dependants. However, i recently found a perm job which is great(reason why we are doing all this) since i dont have my own tax returns I will obviously be using my parents but we would still need a co-sponsor which we have and is above povertyline. question short: will they consider my parents as cosponsor or just proof of my income? Them alone is not enough and we will definitely need the other sponsor. This is probably not clear enough for you guys but im deperate for answers. God bless!

guys! Hope everything is well . Please - anyone that is able to answer this question go ahead( all suggestions, opinions, experiences, thoughts, and facts are greatly appreciated) . I am open to clarify my question as replies come in. it seems complicated.

I, the petitioner, am 20 years old turning 21 in december. College student. My fiance and I have been together for a while( 5 years) 4 years being apart :(. Well that's enough from us. Question is- ive never had a fulltime permanent job neither have I ever filed tax returns. My parents file joint taxes and claim me as one of their dependants. However, i recently found a perm job which is great(reason why we are doing all this) since i dont have my own tax returns I will obviously be using my parents but we would still need a co-sponsor which we have and is above povertyline. question short: will they consider my parents as cosponsor or just proof of my income? Them alone is not enough and we will definitely need the other sponsor. This is probably not clear enough for you guys but im deperate for answers. God bless!

I never filed taxes, my parents claimed me as well but they didn't make enough to sponsor my husband. What I did was I had a joint sponsor and I wrote a letter stating that I am a college student and never work neither pay taxes blah blah. Hope this help...

I never filed taxes, my parents claimed me as well but they didn't make enough to sponsor my husband. What I did was I had a joint sponsor and I wrote a letter stating that I am a college student and never work neither pay taxes blah blah. Hope this help...

Helps a lot actually . Woah! Im so glad someone went through the same thing - I beg you to keep up with me. Although your response helped, i do have specific questions regardings the forms and documentation you provided. Below are my concerns. Any response would be appreciated.

*there are three people in this loop. My co-sponsor, My parents and myself. right.

1. Out of the 3 Who has to fill out i134 ? (Im thinking all)

2. My parents file joint taxes. Will i be filling one form for them and attaching the tax returns?

3. If i have to fill a form for my self- what proof am i submiting (besides that letter you suggested)

Bottom line is. My parents tax returns will just be added to indicate that I am claimed as a dependant and dont have my own or will the be considering that as a sponsoring?

Helps a lot actually . Woah! Im so glad someone went through the same thing - I beg you to keep up with me. Although your response helped, i do have specific questions regardings the forms and documentation you provided. Below are my concerns. Any response would be appreciated.

*there are three people in this loop. My co-sponsor, My parents and myself. right.

1. Out of the 3 Who has to fill out i134 ? (Im thinking all)

2. My parents file joint taxes. Will i be filling one form for them and attaching the tax returns?

3. If i have to fill a form for my self- what proof am i submiting (besides that letter you suggested)

Bottom line is. My parents tax returns will just be added to indicate that I am claimed as a dependant and dont have my own or will the be considering that as a sponsoring?

-Parents taxes don't count they don't make enough.

-You don't need to provide tax returns from your parents because they claim you.

I did complete an affidavit of support form you must file one even if you make 0 because you are the primary sponsor and your co-sponsor needs one too. (That's what I did).

You can write a letter as a mentioned before and also you can request from the IRS the letter of non-fliing by sending

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf you should mark with an X #7...part 9 write the years such as 2011, 2012, 2013 for the most recent years.

Keep in mind that I did CR1 not K1 so for some questions I might not know the answer, however if I do know I will reply ASAP.

-Parents taxes don't count they don't make enough.

-You don't need to provide tax returns from your parents because they claim you.

I did complete an affidavit of support form you must file one even if you make 0 because you are the primary sponsor and your co-sponsor needs one too. (That's what I did).

You can write a letter as a mentioned before and also you can request from the IRS the letter of non-fliing by sending

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf you should mark with an X #7...part 9 write the years such as 2011, 2012, 2013 for the most recent years.

Keep in mind that I did CR1 not K1 so for some questions I might not know the answer, however if I do know I will reply ASAP.

Thanks so much. I love how u answered my questtions straight to the point. Ok so I really dont need my parents taxes transcripts. In other words, my parents will have nothing to do with this process( affidavit). Correct ?

However, accompanying my affidavit, i will include a letter that will explain the reason why i dont have tax returns because my parents claim me as their dependents. That i am college student blah bla. Also, one i134 for my csponsor with all his supporting documentation. So in total, 2 forms. I know you did i130 not k1 but i think this is similar.

Thanks so much. I love how u answered my questtions straight to the point. Ok so I really dont need my parents taxes transcripts. In other words, my parents will have nothing to do with this process( affidavit). Correct ?

However, accompanying my affidavit, i will include a letter that will explain the reason why i dont have tax returns because my parents claim me as their dependents. That i am college student blah bla. Also, one i134 for my csponsor with all his supporting documentation. So in total, 2 forms. I know you did i130 not k1 but i think this is similar.

Awesome! I am trying my best to help you :)

-Exactly your parents unfortunately don't make enough so they have nothing to do with your case.(same thing happened to me).

-Yes two forms; one for you including the letter I suggested and one form for the co-sponsor and supporting documents.

-Yes, I think that base on affidavit both K1 and CR1 are similar.

Awesome! I am trying my best to help you :)

-Exactly your parents unfortunately don't make enough so they have nothing to do with your case.(same thing happened to me).

-Yes two forms; one for you including the letter I suggested and one form for the co-sponsor and supporting documents.

-Yes, I think that base on affidavit both K1 and CR1 are similar.

Great! You have no idea how appreciated I am. I will start working on all that and will get back to you if I have any other questions. I am trying to follow your steps as you were practically in my same shoes!. Its pretty much the same and I was so confused but you have cleared my mind. Thanks again please don’t forget about me. lol. Have a great day talk to you soon. :dancing:

Great! You have no idea how appreciated I am. I will start working on all that and will get back to you if I have any other questions. I am trying to follow your steps as you were practically in my same shoes!. Its pretty much the same and I was so confused but you have cleared my mind. Thanks again please dont forget about me. lol. Have a great day talk to you soon. :dancing:

Lol I wont, I will be here to help you in anything I can...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.