Junola

I 130 for parent

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo
Timeline

I am getting ready to file the I 130 for my mother. According to the guide the items below is all I need. I was just wondering if I really don't need to send any photograph with my application?

Can someone who has gone thru this process tell me a little be about the steps what happens after it's approved by the USCIS?

ball.gif If you are applying to bring your mother to live in the United States, you must file the following with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (please note: if you have been legally adopted, you may not petition for your birth parent):

ball.gif Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative (if you are filing for both parents, you must file a separate petition for each parent)
ball.gif A copy of your birth certificate showing your name and your mother’s name
ball.gifIf your name or your mother’s name is different now than at the time of your birth, you must provide evidence of the legal name change.
ball.gif If you were not born in the United States, a copy of either
ball.gif your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or
ball.gif your U.S. passport

Hi,

You don't need photos, that's for a spouse petition.

For a mother you need:

-Form I-130

-Proof of USC, i.e. copy of passport or nat cert. I assume you are already a USC.

-$420 filing fee

-Copy of your birth cert and translation

-Copies of any name changes, i.e. if you changed your name through marriage or court a copy of your marriage cert or court order for example, same thing if your mom has a different name. Plus translation if doc isn't in english.

That's about it. A parent petition typically requires very few documents especially when compared to a spouse petition.

Any originals and other things like photos and financial support you will need at the NVC stage.

Also G1145 for the online text/email notification of NOA.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.