Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-751 passport stamp

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! So i went to the uscis office today to get the passport stamp. How come most of the officers are not accommodating? They don't smile. I greeted them good morning, and i didnt get a response. They were all so serious. Is that part of their job?

Anyway, it's pretty straightforward. Officer said that my i-751 is still pending and that im getting a one year extension. That's it.

But how come it says on the stamp "employment authorization".. It doesn't say for travel too. Is that what everybody else got?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

What you got is called an ADIT stamp also known as an I-551 stamp. It only says employment authorized, but it is perfectly valid for travel as well. It's essentially a temporary green card in the same way that your visa with the entry stamp is.

They used to give these way back when instead of stamping the visa. I think they used to keep the visas back then because my old passport and my mom's doesn't have a visa in it, just the stamp.

Anyway, as for their attitude, I think it's part of their job requirement. They're basically letting you know that they are not your friend. It doesn't kill anyone to say hello back or even a half crooked smile.

It's the same thing with CBPO officers too. My mom always gets upset with them when we travel because they are so serious that she thinks it's because of us, I tell her it's just how they are it has nothing to do with us.

By the way, I'm curious, why did you have to get a stamp? I thought they would just put an orange sticker on the back of the GC to extend it for one year when you go in for biometrics. I've only seen this once when my aunt renewed her GC though.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think thats needed on there because its an acceptable form of travel document. Employment authorization is written on there because most employers dont know that the stamp can also be used for that purpose.

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.