ceresa

Pataks sauces

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Sorry to say , but you just misse the GGM sketch of the .... (going for an english) I just watched the episode on BBC America a few minutes ago , absolutely hilarious.

Sunday evening 12 March midnight episode.

:lol:

BAH! How did I miss it...I watched two hours of BBC America last night... Dylan Moran and Eddie Izzard stand up routines... funny stuff... :yes:

I'll have to check their shedule...

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Well I have had a couple of pataks here in the US and I thought it was pretty good. The korma was hotter than and not as creamy as I would have expected. And certainly much easier than making it from scratch!

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Well I have had a couple of pataks here in the US and I thought it was pretty good. The korma was hotter than and not as creamy as I would have expected. And certainly much easier than making it from scratch!

One can also buy Shan Korma Masala (powder rather than sauce) quite easily. The other ingredients: well, you're gonna have to cook the onions/vegetables/meat(s)/eggs used anyway, so that would probably be just as workable.

(BTW, I can guarantee Shan as cent-percent desi; it's made in Lahore)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I got a Pataks Korma from World Market here and it was pretty good, not as good as in Britain, but like you I've been dying for some Indian food for the past 6 months. We did try an 'Indian' restaurant around here and it was truely awful, absolutely terrible, they have no idea what Indian food should taste like and didnt even know what a Nann bread was!!!

During the 3 months we spent in England last summer, I got my Hubby hooked on Indian and now he cant wait to go back just to have some.

I don't know if you check VJ that much anymore, but if Omaha the place to go is the Jaipur. It is owned by the same guy who owns The Oven in Lincoln...and considered one of the best Indian restaurants in the US. I've had curry many times in the UK and The Oven is by far the best Indian food I've ever had.

So far in Chicago I've had ####### luck finding Indian as good...I was spoiled.

I think they showed it in America at some point (not while I was living here) but not sure - probably check UKNova.

I also liked when sketch where the mother's were bragging about their sons, including ####### size, in an effort to outdo each other, or when they try and join the "exclusive" tennis club or "Punjabi Girl" sung to Barbie Girl...that was a funny show

My favorite is the "Six Million Rupee Man." LOL...the exchange rate was not in his favor!

We just tried Patak's last week and we really enjoyed it. It was imported from the UK...I highly doubt the ingredients were changes for the US market, but I am thinking since it likely sits longer on the shelves here than in the UK that the time changes the flavor (sort of like Guinness doesn't travel well)?

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Damn reading this link had made me feel hungry esp for a nice keema balti with a cheese nan, or even chicken tikka with salad in a roti ( drools ) . Guess i was spoiled living the other end of stoney lane in Birmingham was spoilt for choice, guess now i;ve had my bacon buttie i will start on seeing if i can find a descent curry here.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

check out my time line and dont forget to update yours too :D

Jeremy tried Indian for the first time when he came to the UK and LOVED it - I must say I never tried the Pataks in the UK, having Indian restaurants and all and I am not one for things that are *too* spicy. But they sell Pataks in Walmart here and we have a couple of Indian restaurants - one does tikka masala! So I am happy :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.