KatieandAleks

Interview scheduling confusion

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just want to clear up some confusion. I got an email on Monday from Sydney consulate saying that my interview has been scheduled for the 23rd of September. When I went to pay the MRV fee it said on that website that I needed to schedule an appointment myself but does not give me an option to once I have completed my transaction. It only says print out the receipt and bring it to the interview. Then I go to look at my home profile on that website and it says an interview has not been scheduled for me yet in the email they sent me it says that I do have an interview scheduled. Is this what it is supposed to be like or is the website playing up on me?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes, that website- we called it the Dashboard- did not ever list our interview date. We only had the email from Sydney telling us when the interview was.

And wow, you got quick notice about the interview! Ours was like 6 weeks out from the email.

Good luck!

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Timeline

Yes, that website- we called it the Dashboard- did not ever list our interview date. We only had the email from Sydney telling us when the interview was.

And wow, you got quick notice about the interview! Ours was like 6 weeks out from the email.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I have already had trouble with that website, it kept saying there was an error with the system when I tried to make an account and I had to call them so they could do it! They really know how to make an already stressful period of time even more stressful haha.

Yes, I was expecting an interview in October, not two weeks away! It is very soon but I can't complain at all. It is all very exciting :)

May I ask how long it took to get the visa in hand? I am trying to figure out dates. That's if everything goes to plan haha.

Timeline

My fiance had the visa by Thursday! The interview is on Tuesdays- 2 days later he had it! It was wonderful. :) He lived in Melbourne btw.

(lol- had to edit bc I said "lives" not "lived" He is in AMERICA now lololol)

Edited by aruadha

Timeline

Thank you!

And you will be- my fiance's one tip about the interview- ok, maybe 2 tips- stay in the Travelodge on Phillips Street and the day/night before make a trial walk over to where the Embassy is.

It's like a high-end shops- boutiques, etc, you go in the MLC centre, and follow the signs to the lifts. Take that the 3rd floor, talk to reception then you will go to level 10, turn right, you will see the US consulate door sign. They open at 8 AM. His appt time was 8AM, so it was strange to me that they opened at 8 but whatever lol. He lined up and was first thru. Total time there was 30 minutes. :) There were other people there waiting as well.

http://imgur.com/FD95sjx

Timeline

Thank you!

And you will be- my fiance's one tip about the interview- ok, maybe 2 tips- stay in the Travelodge on Phillips Street and the day/night before make a trial walk over to where the Embassy is.

It's like a high-end shops- boutiques, etc, you go in the MLC centre, and follow the signs to the lifts. Take that the 3rd floor, talk to reception then you will go to level 10, turn right, you will see the US consulate door sign. They open at 8 AM. His appt time was 8AM, so it was strange to me that they opened at 8 but whatever lol. He lined up and was first thru. Total time there was 30 minutes. :) There were other people there waiting as well.

http://imgur.com/FD95sjx

Thanks for the tips!

You have been very helpful. I would have had no idea and would have looked like in idiot haha. I really appreciate your help :) My appointment is at 10:30am so I will get there around half an hour earlier I think.

Timeline

No worries! Glad to help. I don't know what I would have done without all the helpful people and information on this forum

:idea::goofy:

Timeline

This forum has seriously been a life saver. I probably would have had a mental breakdown if it wasn't for all the lovely helpful people on VJ!

Now that you have cleared some confusion up for me I need to contact the people I am having the medical with. I hope the consulate gets the results in time. It is on Thursday the 18th and my interview is Tuesday the 23rd. That is the closest date I could get because they gave me such a close interview time!

Timeline

This forum has seriously been a life saver. I probably would have had a mental breakdown if it wasn't for all the lovely helpful people on VJ!

Now that you have cleared some confusion up for me I need to contact the people I am having the medical with. I hope the consulate gets the results in time. It is on Thursday the 18th and my interview is Tuesday the 23rd. That is the closest date I could get because they gave me such a close interview time!

Are you having the medical at Port Melbourne? That's where my fiance had his. It took 10 days for the results to be ready to be picked up, but that could have been bc they were busy...the receptionist told Matt the doctor was backed up at that time (this was beginning of July). Even if they don't get it done before your interview, they can mail it off to Sydney I would think; you just wouldn't get your approval till they processed that...

Timeline

No mine is at the one on William St in the city. I rang them last week and they said the earliest they can give me is the 18th. I hope I don't have to wait 10 days. Now I'm really worried :(

Timeline

No mine is at the one on William St in the city. I rang them last week and they said the earliest they can give me is the 18th. I hope I don't have to wait 10 days. Now I'm really worried :(

Maybe try calling the other one and seeing if they can get you in sooner?

Timeline

Maybe try calling the other one and seeing if they can get you in sooner?

I am going to call the people I have booked with this morning and ask how long it will take for me to get the results and then I will call the other place and ask if I could get an appointment sooner and how long it would take me to get results from them. I hope this doesn't slow us down too much. I knew it was going to be hard to get a medical as soon as I could because I got the email exactly two weeks before my interview date.

• 10 months later...
Timeline

I am going to call the people I have booked with this morning and ask how long it will take for me to get the results and then I will call the other place and ask if I could get an appointment sooner and how long it would take me to get results from them. I hope this doesn't slow us down too much. I knew it was going to be hard to get a medical as soon as I could because I got the email exactly two weeks before my interview date.

Hi guys. I was just browsing and came up on this forum. I am in Sydney with my partner. He's from here and we haven't received the checklist yet but we basically have everything all set just waiting on a few things from USA to arrive. We scheduled his medical but we are having a difficult time with the interview. Does the consulate just send you and interview date or do you have to have received the checklist then send off a form DSI-1076? Sorry I have been going crazy researching this stuff and I just don't want to miss a step. Plus, does he fill out the DS-160? that website ustraveldocs is so confusing! Any info you can give I would much appreciate!! thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.