Faizanzeba143

Dad claims petitioner on tax returns- household size? (split)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys I am sponsoring my spouse. In US I live with my mom and dad, and my dad claims me on his tax returns because I don't work yet..and now my husband will be coming. What would ne the poverty guideline/requirement in this case??

Timeline

Hi, FIAZANZEBA143

If u r not working and your parents r co sponsor , than u will bring their tax info on the affidavit of support and what so ever the numbers on the tax return form 1040 they entered on the item 6d , just add one, for example if your father put 4 on Tax form 1040 for 2013, then we will add 1 for your spouse and on your affidavit of support u will write 5. Now u will look at the USCIS FORM I-864p and under the subtitle of "Sponsor's household size" in front of number 5 the amount will be $34887. U can use the example and adjust the family size accordingly,the amount can be seen in front of that number, and that will your 125% of HHS Poverty Guideline.I hope this info will be helpful. Now ...Let's pray for all of us for the betterment of our future....Amin !!!

Guys I am sponsoring my spouse. In US I live with my mom and dad, and my dad claims me on his tax returns because I don't work yet..and now my husband will be coming. What would ne the poverty guideline/requirement in this case??

Timeline

Meandmine

Thank you so much!! I have been so confused about this all together were 3, so now I guess I would add 1 for my spouse making it 4? And any idea when AOS fee is available to pay?? Mine still says NA even after sending DS 261 :(

Timeline

Faizanzeba, DS 261 is not time oriented, usually from 2days to two weeks or so on... Keep praying and complete the paper work for I -864; recheck again and again until to despatch the package... It is very impotent not to receive a mail of missing document to submit.. One thing more if I were u , I do not want to call the State Departmant unless the standard wait time is over, other then that be on the top of collecting all the required documents..and be patient. .

Timeline

Faizanzeab,

AOS FEE can appear any time between 2 days to 2 weeks. Good luck.

Thank you so much for the help. Just got my AOS fee today which I just paid. Now getting my I-864 package is there any link or anything to guide me on what or how to get the package ready (keeping joint sponsor in mind)

Timeline

Thank you so much for the help. Just got my AOS fee today which I just paid. Now getting my I-864 package is there any link or anything to guide me on what or how to get the package ready (keeping joint sponsor in mind)

Hi, faizanzeba,

Form I-864 is self explanatory , down load the instructions and follow it step by step. Every thing will go smooth.

• 1 month later...

hi faizanzeba,

i see this thread is from a few weeks ago, just wanted to know if you submitted the I-864 with your dad as the cosponsor? how did you do it and how did it go?

i'm in the same situation as you.. i live with my parents and my son, while my husband is overseas. i don't work and am supported by my parents at the moment. i just submitted the I-130 application so i know there's some time before i have to send the I-864 but i'd appreciate any advice!

on a side note: i saw your timeline, your application has been going through super fast! is there any special reason for that? or are you just one of the few lucky ones? :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.