Plarka

DCF London Processing one month after receipt?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

On the website it says they are currently processing I-130 petitions from about 5 weeks ago. I just sent mine a week ago, does this mean they won't even open it and send me an acknowledgement (Is that the NOA-1?) for a month, or do they open it, acknowledge and then process it? They haven't charged our credit card yet.

Here's the website: http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

13th August 2014 Sent off I-130 to London (DCF)

DCF for London moves pretty fast. There are quite a few members who have does this. You should receive notice that your application was approved (providing everything is in order) within a week or so.

Here is an excellent DCF London guide from start to finish that a VJ member put together. They were approved VERY fast.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/443127-dcf-london-i-130-for-ir1cr1-spouse-guide/

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I did not receive a notice of approval until about a week after the date on the website. It is only updated on Mondays. I'm sure there will be cases that may go quicker, to save yourself disappointment plan for a week or two after that date. It is still very fast. I think the wait time in the USA is getting close to 2 years now.

For what its worth, I never got a NOA1 form- the only idea I had they got my forms was when about 7 days later my credit card was charged. I recieved my NOA2 (approval) about 6 weeks later, but there was 2 weeks between when it was postmarked and when it arrived. About a week later, we got the letter with the LND number on it so we could start our ds260 and book the medical. For us, the process was about a 2 weeks faster than the status update on the embassy website.

It was really fast, but the lack of an NOA1 meant until the letters came, we really did not know if it would be weeks or months! Nailbiting this stuff is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.