ridejewel

Packet 4

44 posts in this topic

My fiance said the IOM's personnel were very nice, good services, and professional. The only thing is that she had to pay them $60 in US dollars. The address for it is:

The International Organisation for Migration (IOM)

1B Pham Ngoc Thach St.

District 1, HCMC

Tel: 822-2058; 822-2057; 822-2061; 822-7511

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My fiance said the IOM's personnel were very nice, good services, and professional. The only thing is that she had to pay them $60 in US dollars. The address for it is:

The International Organisation for Migration (IOM)

1B Pham Ngoc Thach St.

District 1, HCMC

Tel: 822-2058; 822-2057; 822-2061; 822-7511

Dear Tony,

Please help me to check with your fiance if she didn't have the breakfast to come to IOM early morning for medical check??

If I'm not wrong, they will give us the blood test, and the requirement for the blood test is no food before the test, only can drink water.

About the fee, we have to pay $75 (the instruction said so).

I came there but I have to register for the date before the medical check. So, I must wait one week later. It's lucky as I still have enough time.

Hien.

Dear Tony,

Please help me to check with your fiance if she didn't have the breakfast to come to IOM early morning for medical check??

If I'm not wrong, they will give us the blood test, and the requirement for the blood test is no food before the test, only can drink water.

About the fee, we have to pay $75 (the instruction said so).

I came there but I have to register for the date before the medical check. So, I must wait one week later. It's lucky as I still have enough time.

Hien.

I think you are right about the blood test, but let me confirm with her and I will let you know. That's correct, it's $75, not $60 as I said because I was looking at the an older Pack 4 instruction.

Tony

Timeline

Many blood tests do not have a requirement of no food. Where do you find the requirement regarding eating and drinking before the testing ? Do they specify how long in hours ?

Hi Hien,

I just checked with my fiance and she did not fast before the blood test because they only tested her for AIDS and VD (Venereal Diseases). You should double check with them before going in just to make sure. However she overheard them asking the examiner if she had any food before the blood test. And in her case, she did have breakfast but no coffee before her medical exam.

I guess it is customary for one to fast before any blood test, especially no coffee. Usually I had to fast for 12 hours with no food nor water before the blood test.

Tony

Edited by Tony/Anthea

Guys

we still havent receive our packet4 yet,but the consulate made a mistake when they mailed our packet3,and my fiance's address is not correct,i just emailed them bout that and gave them the correct address so will they send it wrong again????if so what should we do?

Removal of conditions

09-29-09 : Mailed I-751 ( The game is now started)

10-02-09 : Delivered, 3:20 pm, SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479

10-05-09 : NOA

11-10-09 : Bio

Filed: Timeline
Guys

we still havent receive our packet4 yet,but the consulate made a mistake when they mailed our packet3,and my fiance's address is not correct,i just emailed them bout that and gave them the correct address so will they send it wrong again????if so what should we do?

I would go to the consulate and pickup your packet then.

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

Cant i?but we dont know if they send it yet

Removal of conditions

Timeline
Hi Hien,

I just checked with my fiance and she did not fast before the blood test because they only tested her for AIDS and VD (Venereal Diseases). You should double check with them before going in just to make sure. However she overheard them asking the examiner if she had any food before the blood test. And in her case, she did have breakfast but no coffee before her medical exam.

I guess it is customary for one to fast before any blood test, especially no coffee. Usually I had to fast for 12 hours with no food nor water before the blood test.

Tony

Thank you so much for your reply, Tony.

I double check with them, they said the best way is no breakfast in that morning and only drink water. I used to have blood test, so I guessed it will be like that.

Thanks again.

Hien

Timeline
Many blood tests do not have a requirement of no food. Where do you find the requirement regarding eating and drinking before the testing ? Do they specify how long in hours ?

Dear Andrew,

As Tony said, the blood test for AIDS may need no food. The food can make the test result become not exactly. When I come to the Pasteur Institute for blood test in the past, they usually reminded me to have no food in that morning. No one reminded us or no word in the instruction said about this matter, but we should pay attention.

Hien

Filed: Timeline
Cant i?but we dont know if they send it yet

Your interview date is the 28th. They state that if you are 2 weeks out and you still have not received you packet 4, call them and they will mail another or come into the consulate to get it. I would go into the consulate since your addy is wrong.

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

I will try on monday and ask the lady in a small window if i can pick my packet4,Thanks guys

JD

Removal of conditions

Guess what guys?i called today and told the girl to correct my address,she said i should write a letter bout that or i can wait til Feb 12 to pick my packet 4,this is so good cause atleast i knew what to do now,so im going to pick my packet 4

Removal of conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.