ridejewel

February Interviews!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
In this price range, you might also check out hotels in the Pham Ngu Lao area (i.e. Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao, and De Tham streets).

Check out that first link from Tony/Anthea, and it will show hotels in this area.

STL_HCMC

Though, our budget is around 150,000 a night, we're super poor these days, kind of sucks.

hong khong hotel on bue vien is great ,about 20 dollars a night they have a great staff and great food .

Bui Vien,Pham Ngu Lao and De Tham is where most of foreigner stay there when they come to VN,but i give you a notice these area isnt good to stay,im working there and i knew exactly bout this,you can find some good restaurant there to eat and a good food and cheap this is true but careful when you around these area or lots of surprise stuff will come to meet you,some info i think i can give you guys before you decide to stay in these area

JD

Removal of conditions

09-29-09 : Mailed I-751 ( The game is now started)

10-02-09 : Delivered, 3:20 pm, SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479

10-05-09 : NOA

11-10-09 : Bio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Bui Vien,Pham Ngu Lao and De Tham is where most of foreigner stay there when they come to VN,but i give you a notice these area isnt good to stay,im working there and i knew exactly bout this,you can find some good restaurant there to eat and a good food and cheap this is true but careful when you around these area or lots of surprise stuff will come to meet you,some info i think i can give you guys before you decide to stay in these area

JD

There are so many places for you to stay, what JD said is correct. You can ask your wife to check where you want to stay first. On the adjacent of New World Hotel gate (Cach Mang Thang Tam St.), you can see some small hotels, it's in low price too, you can check with them. That area is near the Center (Benthanh Market), you can walk to the BenThanh market and to Pham Ngu Lao area to eat if you like.

My fiance will stay in my home (near the airport), it's the most convenient. We can cook and do anything in the normal life. You cannot do that in the hotel.

Hien

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

make sure you get a copy of her medical examination and shot records. if not, you will have alot of headaches later on. it's good for 1 year once she gets here. my wife's physician didn't give her anything after her physical exam and shots in bangkok. they send the results to uscis. so my wife and i assumed everything will go smoothly. but when she arrived here and we applied for her green card, you have to submit the i-693a and we didn't have record. so she had to contact the doctor who was responsible for her medical exam and shots in bangkok. they finally sent it to us. but by the time we sent her AOS application, her physical exam and shots is about 1 yrs old. so we had to get another exam and shots here. but luckily we had to pay only for the physical exam. for the shots, we went to a county public clinic and they gave them to her for FREE! i'm posting this to hopefully help you as well as others.

AJ

make sure you get a copy of her medical examination and shot records. if not, you will have alot of headaches later on. it's good for 1 year once she gets here. my wife's physician didn't give her anything after her physical exam and shots in bangkok. they send the results to uscis. so my wife and i assumed everything will go smoothly. but when she arrived here and we applied for her green card, you have to submit the i-693a and we didn't have record. so she had to contact the doctor who was responsible for her medical exam and shots in bangkok. they finally sent it to us. but by the time we sent her AOS application, her physical exam and shots is about 1 yrs old. so we had to get another exam and shots here. but luckily we had to pay only for the physical exam. for the shots, we went to a county public clinic and they gave them to her for FREE! i'm posting this to hopefully help you as well as others.

AJ

AJ, thanks for the quick tips on this..........

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.