hauclatl

AP at Islamabad

15 posts in this topic

I finally had my interview today and the interview went well as far as I could tell. The officer didn't even ask to see pictures or latest tax documents and was pretty content with my conversation with him. However, he issued the green paper to me and said that the case needs further processing. He did however say that we was going to recommend me for approval but the US embassy just needed to do further processing on their behalf before a decision. I asked why and how long but he couldn't say much. Does anyone around here from Islamabad know the rough times AP is taking these days at Islamabad for IR1 or CR1? Anyone else in my position or is everyone getting their approvals?

I also think that they have decided beforehand where your case is going and the interview seems to be a mere formality for their satisfaction. Whether they will hand out an approval, or push it towards AP is I feel decided already.

Really sorry to hear this. Well I can understand your feelings. And I think the same. Its pre decided about issuing visa and interview is just a formality. This is my opinion and I could be wrong. You can only pray that you dont have to wait long for AP. But for CR1 category it should not take more than couple of months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Are you male or female? I am sorry to hear this, but have hope. You will be processed soon!

I finally had my interview today and the interview went well as far as I could tell. The officer didn't even ask to see pictures or latest tax documents and was pretty content with my conversation with him. However, he issued the green paper to me and said that the case needs further processing. He did however say that we was going to recommend me for approval but the US embassy just needed to do further processing on their behalf before a decision. I asked why and how long but he couldn't say much. Does anyone around here from Islamabad know the rough times AP is taking these days at Islamabad for IR1 or CR1? Anyone else in my position or is everyone getting their approvals?

I also think that they have decided beforehand where your case is going and the interview seems to be a mere formality for their satisfaction. Whether they will hand out an approval, or push it towards AP is I feel decided already.

NOA2: 4/13/2014

NVC Received Case: 4/28/2014

NVC Assigned Case no and IIN: 5/21/2014

DS261 available and submitted: 5/31/2014

AOS fees available and paid: 6/2/2014

AOS package sent out:6/3/2014

AOS fee shows paid: 6/4/2014

Resubmitted DS261 because it showed incomplete: 6/5/2014

AOS Package scanned at NVC: 6/9/2014 :protest:

IV fees paid: 7/10/14 :ranting:

DS260 Submitted: 7/12/14 :ranting:

IV Packaged Scanned by NVC: 7/15/2014 :ranting:

CC:9/7/2014 :dancing:

Interview:10/29/2014 :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

POE:11/09/2014 :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Timeline

Just curious to know the gender of the beneficiary here! Namechecks etc. for females don;t usually take that long.

Timeline

Your time line is hidden , please clear your marriage status ?

Have you & your wife previously married ?

Any overstayed in USA or previous visit ?

Any arrested in Pakistan ?

ETC ?

I'm female. We've been married almost two years now. I've previously loved in the UK for three years for undergraduate studies and travelled to Europe (never overstaying and no arrests) but never to the US. My husband immigrated in 2001 and was a green card holder so never over stayed/ no arrests/ nothing suspicious. No arrests in Pakistan or anywhere else for either of us. I don't think there was anything the would raise red flags but now that we have been put in the process I guess I can only pray that its quick and swift without any issues inshallah.

Timeline

Agreed with fzsa. This shouldn't take you that long. Only reason you're on ap is because you have traveled outside of pakistan.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Us embassy islamabad is just soo unpredictable!! Look at my case i m a spouse of LPR with a kid my interview was in dec2013 after the interview CO told me that the interview was very good and everything is fine and complete but she cannot issue me visa rite now she kept our passports and told us it could take 1 to 3 mnths

But now 6 mnth going on and no sign of visas and whenever we inquired abt our visas they dunt have any satisfactory answer :(

I have never travelled abroad no arrest nothing!!! Still they put our cases me and my son under AP without any reason and logic!!! We have been married for 3.5 years!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

There is no cause in my case I have never travelled abroad no criminal record nothing still she didnt give me visa on the spot instead she said ur passports with visas will return to u within 1 to 3 months after some official work!!!

But i dunt know what kind of official work is this which is not coming to an end :'( 7th mnth in AP

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The waiting part really sucks and yes the embassy in Islamabad is very unpredictasble. I herd some stories here on VJ where I felt like that it should have been a clean cut case but people have been on AP for months. I guess nobody knows why or for what reason a case goes on AP. If a person has provided everything and the case has been approved by NVC then its beyond my scope of understanding as to what makes the COs put a case on "further processing". Feel for for people and hope that every single case on AP gets to hear a good news soon.

I would , however, like to share one thing. I have applied for cases when I was going through for myself and now my parents so I am kind of familiar of how their though process is when they are looking into our paperwork. I for one have always send more documents then what they have asked for. Its better to send them more then to sit and aowt for them to issue some sort of RFE or at this stage to put the case on AP. For my parents I have sent them copies of all previous passports and also things like copies of their NADRA ID card. Now NVC never asks for these things but I sent them anyways. I rmeebr at USCIS stage they wanted to see more proof that I am indeed their son so I had to send in my school documents, copies of my parents passports going back to 1990, atleast about 100 pictures. The point is that if you think that they may not require or have asked for any documents, just send it.

I have been going through this process for about 4-5 years now ... first my greencard then my citizenship and now my parents greencard and thats I all have been doing and it has worked for my so far.

USCIS Step:
04/19/2013: NOA1 for both parents
04/17/2013: PD
11/26/2013: Transferred to California Service Center

01/14/2014: Reply to RFE Received by CSC

01/28/2014: Email Update/Txt Received for Approval

02/01/2014: Approval Notice received in Mail

****** Both I-130s approved in about 9.5 months ******

NVC Step:

02/07/2014: Case Received by NVC

03/17/2014: Received Case/Invoice Number

03/18/2014: Submitted DS261

03/19/2014: Paid AOS online (one payment for both cases)

03/22/2014: Sent AOS Packages to NVC (separately for each parent)

03/24/2014: AOS Packages delivered to NVC (as per the USPS Tracking)

03/27/2014: IV Fees Available and Paid Online

04/05/2014: IV Documents sent to NVC

04/06/2014: DS260 submitted online

04/07/2014: IV Documents delivered to NVC

05/01/2014: AOS Approved

05/29/2014: Case Complete !!!

06/11/2014: Interview Letter Received via email

****** Took about 4 months at this NVC stage ******

06/18/2014: Medical/Physical Exam Completed

07/03/2014: Interview Completed

07/09/2014: Visas Issued :dancing:

********** Entire process took 14 Months 2 weeks and 6 days *************

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.