averi

Time after filing?

1 post in this topic

Hi, I've been reading the posts, but don't quite 'get it' as far as the time to expect from filing for removal of conditions and getting it. We were hoping to go to the UK for a wedding at the end of May, but will be filing at the end of March. Is it safe to buy the (sadly v expensive) plane tickets, or is there potential that we won't get whatever it is we need to travel outside the US in 8 weeks? My husband's passport is up then, too, so it's going to be a nice chunk of change outgoing then. lol. Thank you in advance!

aug 17, 2002 met tim in cheesy boston bar :)

aug-nov '02-3 visits back and forth

dec 1 '02-i move to the uk

aug 17, 2003- wedding on the cape & 8 day honeymoon with both families

nov 2003-i fly to nyc for my uk visa

nov 11, 2004-filed I-130 with london embassy

dec 7, 2004- I-130 recieved at london embassy

jan 28 2005- recieved package 3

feb 23,2005- mailed back package 3 registered delivery

feb 25/26-package 3 recieved london

mid march called hotline for updates-was told that pkg 3 processed march 9 & interview will be in 4-6 weeks from that date (not so!)

end of march emailed embassy for any updates

april 1st-email response gave us may 9th interview date!!

april 6th recieved pkg 4

april 6th-tim called nuffield hotline, told they would get back to him in 2 wks as there were no appts available

april 15, 2005-nuffield called back to say bham appt avail apr 18 for 810am (grabbed it!)

april 18-tim had medical in bham

may 9th-interview scheduled in london APPROVED!!!

june 24th enter us via boston

july 4th-move to ca

july 8-tim goes back to uk to settle things

sep 2, 2005-tim arrives to our new home in redwood city...woo hoo!

march 31, 2007-posted I-751

April 2, 2007-csc receives I-751

May, 2007-tim calls and gets receipt no and told to keep waiting, they are processing ones from 2006. :o

june 24, 2007- PRC expired

aug 9, 2007-finally received biometrics letter appt for aug 25th.

aug 25th, 2007-biometrics appt in SF -quick and painless!

sept 5-8-emails saying he's approved and greencard ordered.

sept 11-received perm greencard!!!! woo hoooo!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.