6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear VJ Members,

I am having some confusion relating to the wording post DS-260 Submission; could someone with some experience shed some light on it?

"You have successfully submitted your DS-260 to the National Visa Center (NVC). If you need to update your immigrant visa application, please contact the NVC."

The above clearly states that I have already submitted the DS-260 form online.

:If you have not already done so, submit your supporting documentation (as listed on the Documents The Applicant Must Submit web page) to the NVC. Upon receipt of your supporting documentation, the NVC will review your DS-260."

The above states that I must submit the supporting documents to the NVC (Birth Certificate, Police Certificate, etc) when it should be submitted to Counselor at the time of the interview at Islamabad Pakistan. Now please check the below which contradicts the above:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation

Thank You

Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for review. Please allow up to 30 business days for the NVC to complete the review.

Now my question is:

1) do I need to submit the documents to NVC or to the Pakistan Embassy Counselor? If NVC, then

2) Should it accompany the Print-out of DS-260 form (already submitted online) + Confirmation / Cover Letter?

3) Is it possible to submit the docs at the time of interview?

Thanks,

Sal1234

Timeline

Hi Guys,

I have 2 additional questions:

1) the birth certificate and Translated Marriage Certificate (Nikkah Nama) will be the original documents; will it be returned by NVC? if yes when?

2) This question is only for 'inlovebutlonely', How long it took you to have a NVC Case Status 'Complete'? from the NVC Complete Status to the Interview Schedule Date? Did you already have the interview and what type of questions were asked (focused on I-130 / G-325 / AOS / DS-260 / Bona-Fide Marriage, etc)? Did you get the Visa approval on your first attempt?

Thanks,

Sal1234

1. yes they do give you back the originals at the interview, but YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR THEM at the interview. the only reason they may not give them back is if your case is put on AP. like mines was.

2. it took me 2 months to get case complete because of the original birth certificate for my husband, they taught it wasn't original and i had to get a supervisor to re-look at it. After we got case complete it took two weeks to get an email with the interview date for my husband. Yes, my husband had his interview already and NO we did not get approved we got put on AP. The questions were about wedding, sex, religion, my trip to Pakistan, how we met.....they man whom interviewed my husband was in my opinion judging from setting eyes on my husband, he was giving him looks, was very rude and mean to my husband.It was a terrible experience for my husband, and when he was told that the case would be on AP he was devastated, when he told me we both cried on the phone and to be honest are still in shock. I came back to the states in December 2012 and since then I have not been with my husband, we miss each other terribly and were not expecting our case to be put on AP to be honest we knew nothing about AP didn't even know it existed. I want to make a trip back to Pak but it is very expensive the plane tickets so I do not know if it will be possible, all I know is how much I miss hi and need him. The embassy has complete control over our lives and they don't care how much they may destroy peoples lives. If you need any other info let me know, I will try to help any way I can.

a95km9y.png
event.png

event.png

Timeline

I am sorry to hear about the AP. For the guy taking an interview, I have heard they treat them differently but the length of the AP is indeed shocking. Have you contacted your State Senator, he might be able to assist you and get the ball rolling.

As far as the last year, it was just tough on everyone. I hope things will turn around this year.

Take Care, Pray and do not lose hope.

Sal1234.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.