9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I receive this email from nvc but I don't know what or those could someone pleae tell me what they talking about ,, im a green card holder appling for my 15 year ols daughter in Jamaica and I receive this email from nvc but I don't know what they asking for ................ the email - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________ The National Visa Center received your DS-260 form. We are waiting for the traveling applicant’s supporting civil documents to be submitted to the NVC. Your online Immigrant Visa Application will be reviewed upon receipt of your supporting documentation.

Civil documents such are: Birth cert. Police Cert. (not necessary unless she is 16 so if she will soon b then get one), Copy of her biography page in her passport and two passport size photos. These are what is normally asked for in an immigrant visa package, did u already pay her visa fee on line to NVC? if yes then u should go a head and prepare this package and mail it to them. or if you are still not clear then feel free to call them up.

good luck! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yeah I already pay all the NVC Fee, she about to turn 16 so im just going to go ahead and let she get the police cert, is the police cert the same as she going down to the police station an getting finger print and back groundcheck ?

no in order for her to get police record her first step would be to go to the nearest tax office to her and pay for the police record, now remember you dont want this to be all drawn out so the quickest and fastest time frame u would want to get it to send it in with the above mentioned documents. So even tho express service is most expensive i would try to purchase that one, at the tax office u can query the costs. After you pay for the police record at the tax office, then she can take the receipt to:34 Duke Street down town. if u wish u can click this link, prices might b changed by this date/year

How To Obtain A Police Record - Ministry of National Security
www.mns.gov.jm › Resources
Edited by thinkerbell

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I receive this email from nvc but I don't know what or those could someone pleae tell me what they talking about ,, im a green card holder appling for my 15 year ols daughter in Jamaica and I receive this email from nvc but I don't know what they asking for ................ the email - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________ The National Visa Center received your DS-260 form. We are waiting for the traveling applicant’s supporting civil documents to be submitted to the NVC. Your online Immigrant Visa Application will be reviewed upon receipt of your supporting documentatia

as thinkerbell said, birth paper, police record, copy of child passport bio page and 2 passport size pictures of child and write child name on back of pictures then mail it to them.

Edited by abg

AOS mailed 10/23/17, delivered 10/25/17, check cashed 11/2/17

text/email notification 11/3/17,  recvd NOAs 11/7/17

priority date      10/26/17

NOA date           11/1/17

Bio notice          11/17/17

Bio date             11/27/17

EAD Approve    02/28/18

Filed I 131        03/05/18

Recvd EAD      03/08/18

Interview Letter recvd  8/4/18   Interview date  9/12/18

Interview Approved 9/12/18

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You do need to police report to send to NVC, or they will not complete the petition to send to Kingston. My oldest is 16 and they asked for it, when I called them and ask if it can be given at the embassy, they said no, it must be completed and submitted to them here before her case is schedule for interview.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.