shelbyandroberto

Visa issued in El Salvador, but hasn't arrived yet

2 posts in this topic

Hi! Please help us, anyone who can give me a timeline of how long it took to receive your visa after the status changed to issued.

Our visa was issued April 16, 2014. We chose to have our package delivered to Cargo Expreso, a courier service. My fiancé went to Cargo the 23rd and 25th of April to pick it up, but it hasn't been there. The lady at the desk worried my fiancé when she said it should be here by now and that we better contact the embassy. So that's exactly what I've been doing, but I haven't heard back yet.

I know it's been less than 10 business days, but it worried me even more when I checked our passport status over the phone and it said it was on the way to the embassy. On the way to the embassy?! I'm praying that was a glitch :((

Any help or comfort that our visa will come soon?? We're trying so hard to remain hopeful and trust God's timing! Thank you for any help!

April 15, 2012: Met in El Salvador
October 18, 2013: Engaged!!
October 26, 2013: I-129F filed
October 29, 2013: NOA1
December 2013: NOA2
March 12, 2014: Interview - APPROVED! (But missing one document - put in AP)
March 24, 2014: Embassy confirms they received missing document
April 16, 2014: Visa status says ISSUED!

April 29, 2014: Received email from ustraveldocs - visa ready for pickup

May 2014: My future hubby comes home!!

An update ~ we received an email via ustraveldocs on April 29, 2014 that our visa was ready for pick up!! My fiance picked it up at Cargo Expreso the same day. Good luck to anyone waiting to pick up a visa!

April 15, 2012: Met in El Salvador
October 18, 2013: Engaged!!
October 26, 2013: I-129F filed
October 29, 2013: NOA1
December 2013: NOA2
March 12, 2014: Interview - APPROVED! (But missing one document - put in AP)
March 24, 2014: Embassy confirms they received missing document
April 16, 2014: Visa status says ISSUED!

April 29, 2014: Received email from ustraveldocs - visa ready for pickup

May 2014: My future hubby comes home!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.