someshine

Documents list for Wednesday's visa interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi DCF'ers,

Hope everyone is well! We have our visa interview on Wednesday so today is the day of inevitable panic attack and questioning of the documents I've gathered! Could you guys please look at this and let me know if there's anything obvious I am perhaps missing?

General:

Passports

Photos (3)

Birth certificates

Marriage certificate

Police certificate

Letter with interview time

Just in case:

Medical info from London doctor

Proof of Maintenance of Residency:

Flight receipt/itinerary for Sponsor (leaving in two weeks)

Letter of rental termination for Sponsor & intending immigrant's UK residence

Confirmation of job interview in the US - Sponsor

Copy of Sponsor's Drivers License showing I renewed it in December

Copies of bank statements from the past years or so proving sponsor's retention of permanent address

Copy of UK lease showing 6 months contract (showing we never intended on staying here permanently)

Letter <--- can someone point me to the template that was on this site? I can't find it now.

Affidavit of Support:

Sponsor’s Affidavit

Sponsor's tax return 2013 with stamp of receipt from U.S. Embassy IRS London & record of account from IRS website

Sponsor's tax return 2012 with stamp of receipt from U.S. Embassy IRS London

[Optional, bringing if it's needed:

Sponsor’s wage & income transcript 2012 and 1099’s

Sponsor’s tax return transcript 2011, and wage & Income transcript 2011

Sponsor's tax return transcript 2010]

Joint Sponsor’s Affidavit - This is what we're relying on for the income requirement. (Does this have to be the original signed page 8 signature page or is the scanned & printed version OK?)

Joint Sponsor’s passport photo page

Joint Sponsor’s 2013 tax return with scanned copies of 1099s and W2 copies (no proof of filing though as its not in the IRS database yet as taxes aren't even due yet) <-- Will it be a problem that the 1099s and W2s are copies and not originals?

Joint Sponsor’s 2012 tax return & wage & income transcript

Joint Sponsor’s 2011 tax return & TurboTax certification of electronic filing & wage & income transcript

There are several different options under tax transcripts - does anyone know if the wage & income transcript suffices or if it should be one of the other options?

And finally: Should we register with the courier service before the interview or after?

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Timeline for DCF London:

I-130 sent Sept 19

NOA1 not received

NOA 2 received Nov 5
(With approval date of Oct 17)

Packet 3 'arrival' Jan 13
(Our packet allegedly got lost in the post. After several emails,
I received an email with our LND number in lieu of a packet in the mail)

Completed DS-260 Feb 4

Medical booked on Feb 5 for Feb 7

E-mailed NOA Readiness Feb 5

Packet 4 arrival Feb 26

Interview March 26

Visa granted March 26

Getting tickets and terminating your lease agreement, isn't going to force the immigration officer to make a positive decision. This simply shows the true intent of the beneficiary to come to America - hence the reason the I-130 was filed in a first place.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For the benefit of those who viewed my post, I wanted to write a quick note saying our visa was granted this morning and what we included vs what they looked at to make their decision.

They only looked at what I listed under "general documents", the affidavits of support from me and our joint sponsor, and only the current year 2013 tax forms and transcripts from me and our joint sponsor. Never requested any proof of maintenance of residency, proof of relationship, etc. Only the tax forms and affidavits and our general documents listed above. They didn't ask to see my birth certificate and I only showed my passport to enter the building. And to answer my own question, yes you do have to register with the courier before the interview which luckily we did.

At the time of writing, we were allowed to bring our mobile phones in with us - there is conflicting information on the web site about this but as of today we were allowed.

Also note the lines were long at 8 a.m. - we had to wait in one line outside to check in then another longer line outside for security before we went in. All this took about an hour. Once inside we waited a good 30-45 minutes until we were first called to present our documents then about an hour until we were called up again to have the interview. Our interview was really short - he asked us where we met, how we know the joint sponsor, what our plans were once we get to America, and what my husband's occupation is. That's it. Then he said our visa is granted.

Note: This is our personal visa interview, I don't mean to imply that you don't need all those other documents, etc. I'm just relating how our interview went in London today. Best of luck, everyone.

Timeline for DCF London:

I-130 sent Sept 19

NOA1 not received

NOA 2 received Nov 5
(With approval date of Oct 17)

Packet 3 'arrival' Jan 13
(Our packet allegedly got lost in the post. After several emails,
I received an email with our LND number in lieu of a packet in the mail)

Completed DS-260 Feb 4

Medical booked on Feb 5 for Feb 7

E-mailed NOA Readiness Feb 5

Packet 4 arrival Feb 26

Interview March 26

Visa granted March 26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.