weezie84

Can I choose the date of Medical Exam?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all

I have been searching and can't seen to find an answer to my question.

Myself and my fiancé currently live in Mexico and started the K1 visa process but everything has happened quicker than we thought as I know need to arrange my medical in London but I don't leave Mexico until June! So my question is do I arrange the date of my medical myself and can it be in a few months time? I understand that when it comes to the interview I will need to bring a letter from my fiancé restating that he still wants to marry me as it will be past the deadline.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Hi all

I have been searching and can't seen to find an answer to my question.

Myself and my fiancé currently live in Mexico and started the K1 visa process but everything has happened quicker than we thought as I know need to arrange my medical in London but I don't leave Mexico until June! So my question is do I arrange the date of my medical myself and can it be in a few months time? I understand that when it comes to the interview I will need to bring a letter from my fiancé restating that he still wants to marry me as it will be past the deadline.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

For what it's worth, I believe they only book a maximum of 4 or so weeks ahead. Have you actually tried ringing Knightsbridge and asking? The link to their Visa Medicals site is in the London K1 guide, after all.

"What's yours is mine!"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Yup, you get to choose the date when you call them. Wheatley is right, they only make appointments a month in advance. I delayed my medical due to work commitments, so if you have a little look at my timeline you'll see that I got packet 3 at the end of October, then attended my medical at the end of January. I believe I booked the medical appointment just after Christmas.

Delaying the medical wasn't a problem and I got my visa approved a few weeks ago without any issues. Just don't call up to schedule your medical until about a month beforehand.

Hope that makes sense! I have a tired brain today :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.