Adman

Sending the P3 back

8 posts in this topic

Apologies in advance, because this is a question my fiancee (jezebelseven for those who know her) and I should know the answer to, but are unsure of.

For whatever reason we got it into our heads that for the P3, you *only* send back the checklist, and none of the DS-xxx forms. We're pretty sure we're wrong about that now, but can't find the right answer anywhere, so it'd be great if I could just get some confirmation on what we do send back.

Thanks!

Yes you should also send back your DS forms with your checklist apart from the DS230 part 2 if i remember correctly.

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

You can probably find it in the guides (I'm not being funny, and i'll have a look for you too after I post this..which, in retrospect here I guess I could have done FIRST ;) ) but I think you do return the forms with it..it's been a while, so I can't quite recall just now. I think where you're confused is, (again, if I'm remembering right) you CAN just send the checklist alone to get the ball rolling as far as an interview date, but follow with the paperwork as soon as possible. Not sure if that's right though..going to see if I can find it quickly. M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I couldn't find it under any of the K-1 entries, but I copied this from the London embassy page. (I don't know why London didn't come up under "L" but I just selected "all" and scrolled down to it listed under UK. If you haven't seen that page there is a lot of info there...just click embassy at the top of this page, then "all" then scroll to UK and click on the London embassy. There's also an email address listed there, and they generally don't take *too* long to get back to you. Sometimes they send a form letter type of response, but if you need a response specific to your case you send a reply back to THAT email (the form letter) and then they will answer you directly. Here's the info I did find:

Packet 3 Contains: IV-15 Checklist

Information on how to book your medical

Medical Questionnaire

Request download and filling in of:

DS-230-I Part I

DS-156 x2 (Fill out online to generate barcode http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...electronic.html - Do not sign)

DS-156K (Do not sign) (K1/2 Only)

DS-157 (Male only)

Issues a Packet 4? Yes

Packet 4 contents (if known): Appointment Letter

Instructions for interview

Payment slip for £65 for visa processing

What forms should be send back to the Consulate? IV-15 and all forms in packet 3.

Other Forms (if any)? Police Certificate.

To obtain a Police Certificate in the UK, go to your local police station and request a form called "Subject Access". Send send this with the £10 fee to the Data Protection Officer of the police force for the area you are resident in. This form is then sent by the police to Scotland Yard and the results are supplied to the individual requesting them within a statutory 40 day time limit. If you're waiting for your certificate try 0207-230-3751 to see where it is.

U.K. police certificates are considered valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Oh, and PS...if you've sent back the checklist already, don't worry about that...just go ahead and send the other forms in. If it makes you feel better to have a complete package, just print off another copy of the checklist (if you can find one online...if not, did you make a copy before you sent it in?) and send that along with the other forms. M.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Thanks you two-- I believe the confusion stemmed from the worded slip that came with p3 saying to 'send back enclosed forms only' (which was obviously only the checklist), and that they 'didn't want our personal documents yet'. I suppose by that they mean the I-134 and any supporting evidence is what they don't want now.

I hadn't really researched as much as possible on what he should be doing on his side of the pond, was too focused on the I-134 stuff myself to even start thinking for him too :P And I'm guessing that bolded line above slipped my sight because it's under the packet 4 stuff, so I thought that was something later or something. :wacko:

He's not sent any of it in yet but was about to send in the checklist tomorrow, so now we'll just delay it by a day and send it all together it sounds like, because he's had those forms filled out, just thought he took them to his interview with him. Glad we found this out now though, I'd be kicking myself for waiting so long for P4 only to find out it was our fault it was so delayed!

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

Woo! Someone finally made an account! :D:thumbs:

Anyway, this will be good to know in a few weeks time when we get p3 from London. I'm still worried about the whole getting the interview too soon thing though.

What happened to your timeline by the way Jezebelseven? It's not there when I click on it! :huh:

K-1 Timeline

October 5, 2006 - I-129F sent to NSC express mail

October 16, 2006 - NOA1 in mail from CSC

December 19, 2006 - NOA2 notice date

October 1, 2007 - Interview (Approved pending Police Report)

November 22, 2007- Visa in Hand

December 5, 2007 - US Entry

February 25, 2008 - Marriage

AOS & EAD timeline

April 14, 2008 - Sent AOS & EAD

April 25, 2008 - NOA's AOS & EAD (April 21, 2008 notice date)

May 13, 2008 - Biometrics appointment @ 9:00am DONE

May 19, 2008 - AOS Being transfered to CSC

July 2, 2008 - EAD card ordered

July 8, 2008 - EAD card ordered email again?

July 12, 2008 - EAD in hand

November 17, 2008 - RFE

January 2, 2009 - 2nd Medical exam

January 13, 2009 - Mailed RFE to CSC overnight

January 14, 2009 - RFE signed for

January 26, 2009 - Welcome letter sent

January 30, 2009 - Approved email!!

Feb 3, 2009 - Greencard in hand.

ROC Timeline

January 14, 2011 - Mailed ROC overnight to CSC

January 18, 2011 - Signed for by V. Semegi

January 20, 2011 - Check Cashed

January 24, 2011 - Received NOA1 (Dated 1/18/11)

February 28, 2011 - Biometrics @ 8am

April 19, 2011 - RFE

May 24, 2011 - Mailed back RFE

May 25, 2011 - RFE Signed for by V. Semegi

June 1, 2011 - Approved card received (Dated 5/30/11)

What happened to your timeline by the way Jezebelseven? It's not there when I click on it! :huh:

My guess would be... Adman linked to it, so it's been taken off of Jezebelseven's account - maybe you can't have two people linking to the same timeline?! (Shame! That would also explain why a couple of people's timelines appear twice, I've noticed...)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

My guess would be... Adman linked to it, so it's been taken off of Jezebelseven's account - maybe you can't have two people linking to the same timeline?! (Shame! That would also explain why a couple of people's timelines appear twice, I've noticed...)

Oooh. That's exactly what happened. We thought we could save that whole 'double timeline' thing if he just linked to it, but I guess that doesn't work so well! Nuts.

I'll have to steal it back from muh monkey, since I'm the main poster, I suppose!

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.