andrew va thuy

Original Birth Certifcate, cert copy

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The HCM consulate instructions seem odd. When I ask the state where I was born for my birth certificate, its NOT the original but a certified copy - and I have to pay.

But the instructions in the consulate say Original and certified copy. My fiance was born in the central highlands, the people in her phuong at Q3 HCM told her she has to return to that city to obtain an original birth certificate. Are there no services like the states where you simply send $ and you get the ?? original ??. Any ideas or experiences or information on what the original is and how this differs from a notarized copy ???? Thanks

Timeline
The HCM consulate instructions seem odd. When I ask the state where I was born for my birth certificate, its NOT the original but a certified copy - and I have to pay.

But the instructions in the consulate say Original and certified copy. My fiance was born in the central highlands, the people in her phuong at Q3 HCM told her she has to return to that city to obtain an original birth certificate. Are there no services like the states where you simply send $ and you get the ?? original ??. Any ideas or experiences or information on what the original is and how this differs from a notarized copy ???? Thanks

Where is your fiance's permanent address??

1. If her permanent address is at the central highland, it's certainly that she has to come back to her home town to ask for another certified copy or original (in case she lost due to the war or some properly reason). She can ask for her family member to help if it's very far away.

2. If her permanent address is at HCMC, she can come to the People Committe of the ward where she is living now and ask for the guideline how to do that.

I used to do as my original of birth certificate was burned in the war. I think that I have to bring to the Consulate both: new original and old certified copy.

How do you think??

Hien

For the people in Vietnam, Due to the war, I don't think they will be able to obtain the Original Copy of the Birth Certificate. You can only receive a certified copy fromt the local Phuong Office. For my case, I can only obtain a certified copy from the local Phuong Office.

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Timeline

Her birth place is Ben Me Thuot, aka now days as Banh Me Thuot but her permanent addess is in Phuong 14, Q3 HCM. But Phuong 14 ( would that be the People Committe ?) apparently told her she has to go back to her birthplace.

I also noticed this morning that my I-129 said she was born in HCM, her passport merely lists the province Daklak. Wonder if that can be fixed without suffering delay....

:blush:

Oh yes, how would you translate the idea or term ' original ' and certified copy .... cua giay khai sinh ...

Andrew,

My girl brought it to the Government place in District 1. They will do the translation for you. Original copy of the Birth Certifcate will be imposible.

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Timeline

Her birth place is Ben Me Thuot, aka now days as Banh Me Thuot but her permanent addess is in Phuong 14, Q3 HCM. But Phuong 14 ( would that be the People Committe ?) apparently told her she has to go back to her birthplace.

I also noticed this morning that my I-129 said she was born in HCM, her passport merely lists the province Daklak. Wonder if that can be fixed without suffering delay....

:blush:

I don't know exactly about the permanent address of your fiance, but if her first permanent address is in HCMC, she can come to the People Commitee of her Ward to ask for guiding, if she cannot she has to come back to her birthplace. This issue will be very complicated and she has to spend a lot of money and time to do.

My first permanent address was at HCMC, therefore, they made again the new original for me at People Committee of Ward.

Does your fiance have any old certified copy?? I think that she should bring the old certified copy to the Consulate. If she can make the new original, it's ok, but if she cannot, the old certified copy may be enough. Why doesn't she come back to her birthplace to ask for the new certified copy?? They can issue easily if she was born after 1975.

About the conflict information in your fiance's document, I have no idea. It's too late now to change the information. She sent the reply (Packet 3) to HCMC Consulate already.

Hien

Timeline
Oh yes, how would you translate the idea or term ' original ' and certified copy .... cua giay khai sinh ...

"original" = Ba?n go^'c

"certified copy" = Ba?n sao

Ummm, it seems that you could hire me for a translation, but without notarized. Hahahah

Hien

Timeline

She was born in 1968... and when small relocated to HCM. Who might she call at Buon Me Thuot before trying to travel there. It could be a big waste of time and money if they cant do one. She does have some old certified copy as I understand it. Maybe I can get her to scan it so I can see it,

Timeline
She was born in 1968... and when small relocated to HCM. Who might she call at Buon Me Thuot before trying to travel there. It could be a big waste of time and money if they cant do one. She does have some old certified copy as I understand it. Maybe I can get her to scan it so I can see it,

She was born in 1968? It will be very complicated because at that time Vietnam is under another government, all the paperworks and files may not protected until todate. That will be a problem if she didn't ask for some new certified copies or re-make the new original. In the future, she also needs the birth certificate for some other paperworks.

If she still have the certified copy, that's good, but I think there are 2 or 3 pieces only, you can ask her to make photocopy (normal photocopy) and go to notarize and translate into English on the photocopies one, then send to you. She can tell the people on the notarized and translated office the reason while she cannot let them keep the certified copy, she only shows to them to check if the copies are correct, then she should keep that certified copy carefully.

I got the same problem, but now it's fixed. You should ask the attorney you hire to check if that certified copy is ok or not. I think it will be ok as mine is the same. But to make sure, I did for the new original.

Hien

Timeline

"She can tell the people on the notarized and translated office the reason while she cannot let them... "

---> "She can tell the people on the notarized and translated office the reason why she cannot let them..."

Sorry for the mistyping.

Filed: Timeline

I am confused on this whole thing now. So what your telling me is the Certified Original copy from the state is not what they want at the Consulate in HCMC? They want something else? Experienced people that already have been in the interview, please respond.

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

Timeline
I am confused on this whole thing now. So what your telling me is the Certified Original copy from the state is not what they want at the Consulate in HCMC? They want something else? Experienced people that already have been in the interview, please respond.

We are telling about the Birth Certificate of the Beneficiary in Vietnam. But the Consulate will need the Certified copy of Birth of both persons: Petitioner and Beneficiary.

Hien

Filed: Timeline

We are telling about the Birth Certificate of the Beneficiary in Vietnam. But the Consulate will need the Certified copy of Birth of both persons: Petitioner and Beneficiary.

Hien

Ok...just about had a heart attack. Thought something changed while I was gone. :pop: Nothing to see here...move along.

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

Is there an alternative to sending the petitioner's Birth certificate. I used copies of my passport to meet that requirement on the I-129F. Will I have to send her my passport?

My original B/C was lost and I have a court order instead that I'm afraid would raise more questions if I submitted it. It usually has when I had to provide when changing jobs?

Nov-2005 Meet in VN.

Mar-2006 Returned to VN

Aug-2006 Returned to VN(dam hoi)

Sep-2006 Sent in I-129F

Oct-2006 Received NOA1

Dec-2006 Received NOA2

Jan-2007 Forwarded by NVC

Jan-2007 Received Pack 3

Feb-2007 Returned to VN(dam cuoi)

Apr-2007 Received Pack 4

May-15th 2007 Passed K1 interview

May-17th 2007 Picked up Visa

May-26th 2007 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.