Manileña Heart

HELP PLS

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Raven lotus,

I'm k-1 visa and the doc they asked from me was very simple. Nso made a mistake on the original one I submitted coz they didn't put my father's name. So embassy requested for one with my father's name on it. That was picked up by embassy last jan 24, but still AP up to today :(

What was the additional document they've asked from you?

Sounds like your petitioner should call, maybe it got lost. Do you have the tracking number to be totally sure it got delivered? You say the Embassy picked it up I assume you mean Air21.

Hi Jeff@Missy, embassy verified that they got the document and turned it over to the consul on Jan 28. It's just that it's been 30 days since then :( Did your Petitioner fiancé tried to follow up embassy before and did it help speed up the process? Coz my fiancé wants to call too. Thanks

Sounds like your petitioner should call, maybe it got lost. Do you have the tracking number to be totally sure it got delivered? You say the Embassy picked it up I assume you mean Air21.

Hi Raven lotus,

I'm k-1 visa and the doc they asked from me was very simple. Nso made a mistake on the original one I submitted coz they didn't put my father's name. So embassy requested for one with my father's name on it. That was picked up by embassy last jan 24, but still AP up to today sad.png

You may have your petitioner call the Embassy but be careful not to call often as it may worsen the situation. Remember you are dealing with "Filipino Case Workers" they will do their best to not transfer the call to the Consular Officer however your fiance may email the visa unit. Last thing I heard they have huge backlogs being worked on. Tendency is even if your case is a simple one, it has to line-up or put on que to go through channels.

I know how it feels to be in the "black hole" but you gotta stretch your patience a little longer. The Embassy has 60-days window (upon received of your documents) for a case to be resolved under Administrative Processing. Hopefully they'll work faster though.

Thanks SO MUCH for the info Raven Lotus. I've read various accounts of people calling frequently or even everyday and I've been hesitant to do that. So it helps to know that it might not be good to do that. It's so helpful to know about the 60day period too. Thanks so much again :)

You may have your petitioner call the Embassy but be careful not to call often as it may worsen the situation. Remember you are dealing with "Filipino Case Workers" they will do their best to not transfer the call to the Consular Officer however your fiance may email the visa unit. Last thing I heard they have huge backlogs being worked on. Tendency is even if your case is a simple one, it has to line-up or put on que to go through channels.

I know how it feels to be in the "black hole" but you gotta stretch your patience a little longer. The Embassy has 60-days window (upon received of your documents) for a case to be resolved under Administrative Processing. Hopefully they'll work faster though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.