PittPerm

German Schengen Tourist Visa for Russian woman (who previously held an Italian Schengen)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Does anyone here have experience with a Russian woman getting a Schengen tourist visa to Germany? My GF is 34, owns her own business (a salon), car, and flat, and has extensive foreign travel... China, UAE, Turkey, Bulgaria, and in November she met me in Italy on an Italian Schengen tourist visa. She didn't have any trouble at all getting the Italian Schengen, and she arrived and departed the country exactly on schedule, no problems. (And we spent a LOT of money, LOL! Don't know if they know that, though.)

Her visiting me in the USA on a B-2 tourist visa isn't going to happen, so we have planned a meeting in Germany next month. Her current Schengen expires in a few days and she is going to the same visa center that got her the Italian Schengen, to apply for a German Schengen. They told her she will have it in ten days, which is almost two weeks before our planned meeting in Munich.

We've made plans and I have paid for tickets and a hotel room through Expedia... then I realized, she does not have the visa yet! She does not seem to think it will be a problem, and we planned and paid for everything before she actually had the Italian visa, and everything worked out. I have not mentioned anything about "what if Germany says no" (no point inviting trouble or making her worried) but I have just realized it is a possibility and nothing is guaranteed in the world of visas.

I am hoping her prior Schengen and travel experience makes it a rubber stamp for the Germans, and they do seem to be efficient. Does anyone have experience with German Schengens? I am starting to think back-up plan if necessary, but I am hoping we won't need it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anyone here have experience with a Russian woman getting a Schengen tourist visa to Germany? My GF is 34, owns her own business (a salon), car, and flat, and has extensive foreign travel... China, UAE, Turkey, Bulgaria, and in November she met me in Italy on an Italian Schengen tourist visa. She didn't have any trouble at all getting the Italian Schengen, and she arrived and departed the country exactly on schedule, no problems. (And we spent a LOT of money, LOL! Don't know if they know that, though.)

Her visiting me in the USA on a B-2 tourist visa isn't going to happen, so we have planned a meeting in Germany next month. Her current Schengen expires in a few days and she is going to the same visa center that got her the Italian Schengen, to apply for a German Schengen. They told her she will have it in ten days, which is almost two weeks before our planned meeting in Munich.

We've made plans and I have paid for tickets and a hotel room through Expedia... then I realized, she does not have the visa yet! She does not seem to think it will be a problem, and we planned and paid for everything before she actually had the Italian visa, and everything worked out. I have not mentioned anything about "what if Germany says no" (no point inviting trouble or making her worried) but I have just realized it is a possibility and nothing is guaranteed in the world of visas.

I am hoping her prior Schengen and travel experience makes it a rubber stamp for the Germans, and they do seem to be efficient. Does anyone have experience with German Schengens? I am starting to think back-up plan if necessary, but I am hoping we won't need it.

1. Why is she using a visa center anyway? I'd save the money and do it myself (this is what i normally do, anyway).

2. Erm. She doesn't have any red flags, why do you think she'd be denied? With multiple travels i don't foresee any trouble for her getting the visa. Germany is just another Schengen country.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Timeline

2. Erm. She doesn't have any red flags, why do you think she'd be denied? With multiple travels i don't foresee any trouble for her getting the visa. Germany is just another Schengen country.

Just the thing about single Russian women not getting visas. I read somewhere that Germany is tighter than the other Schengen countries, but I did not read of any actual examples of Russian women being denied, only approvals.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just the thing about single Russian women not getting visas. I read somewhere that Germany is tighter than the other Schengen countries, but I did not read of any actual examples of Russian women being denied, only approvals.

I was a single Russian woman when i got my US tourist visas and multiple Schengen visas. I don't know what the process is for Germany (i've only done Italy and France as a tourist, Austria on business) but if there's an interview she can bring papers proving ties to Russia which she apparently has - and I never did.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.