Mijndert

Co-Sponsor's I-134

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have a question on the Co-Sponsor's I-134, on question 11. On the example they give here they neither mark intend or do not intend to make specific contributions. They show "N/a (K1 Visa process for permanent residence". That is what I put on my I-134, as I am the US Sponsor and am disabled with only Disability income which is below the 125% Poverty Line. Npt sure if this is what I should put here. And my parents who have agreed to be our co-sponsors, not sure what they should put. I live with them and pay them rent now, and will do the same when he joins me. Is it better for them to give a certain specific contribution here? Or can they mark do not intend and say that they will give us whatever help we need during the 3 year period? Would appreciate any help. Both of us are confused about this.

Also on my I-134, on the number 7 question regarding employment, since I am disabled and cannot work should I put down "N/A - disabled" for that? I am filling in my Disability income from my 2005 1099, and have made a copy of it and written a letter explaining that I paid no taxes since only had disability income. The 1099 has that written on the back of it. Also sending him Years 2003 and 2004 also in case he needs them. Is this the right way?

And last two things, my parents filed taxes jointly, so they must each fill out a separate I-134. The form only lists a place for one person's name. Correct?

And last on every place where there is no answer to give should we put "None or N/A" ? And do we need to have a copy of my parent's birth certificates to show they are US Citizens or should we have the originals for the interview too?

Would appreciate any help you can give us. Need to get this together to send to my fiance so he is ready for them to set his interview date and Medical exam. Thanks so much for your help.

Tina :help:

Filed: Timeline

Tina,

The 1st quoted comment - they do intend, and you've explained what they intend! So why say that they do not intend?

The 2nd quoted comment - the question is very applicable, and again you have an appropriate answer.

Will both parents be the sponsor, or can one alone with their own income make a suitable and qualified sponsor?

Few questions are not applicable (most people either don't understand what 'not applicable' really means and mis-use it), and even if a question is not applicable it is always better to say why, not simply that it is. Otherwise, there is alway a risk that someone will ask 'why is this question not applicable?' If you think that a question is not applicale, answer that question of 'why is it not applicable?'

Yodrak

... can they mark do not intend and say that they will give us whatever help we need during the 3 year period? ....

Also on my I-134, on the number 7 question regarding employment, since I am disabled and cannot work should I put down "N/A - disabled" for that? I am filling in my Disability income from my 2005 1099, and have made a copy of it and written a letter explaining that I paid no taxes since only had disability income. The 1099 has that written on the back of it. Also sending him Years 2003 and 2004 also in case he needs them. Is this the right way?

And last two things, my parents filed taxes jointly, so they must each fill out a separate I-134. The form only lists a place for one person's name. Correct?

And last on every place where there is no answer to give should we put "None or N/A" ? ...

Tina :help:

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.