Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Visitor Visa /B-2 Extend Options

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I 130 is processing and NOA 1 was received 10.27.23. Of course my husband (UK citizen) has a visitor visa, but eventually it will expire. Will they give you trouble trying to extend it if you are married to a US citizen and have an i130 processing? My husband has the option of taking a work leave for long periods of time and is considering coming for a couple of months if at all possible. As far as I've read, it's not hard to get it extended as long as you have ties to your home country. Is work documentation stating he's still employed there and documentation of owning his home enough to tie him back to the UK and get an extenstion? What about adjustment of status under an extended B2 with I 130 processing? I've read that asked but haven't come across a clear answer.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.