hareem

I-864 Error - Noticed After Case Completed

1 post in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I just received notice from the NVC that my IR-5 cases have been completed, and that my parents are now to wait for the interview date. The notice also provided a checklist of additional documentation to be provided at the time of the interview, which includes proof of assets of my savings/checking accounts (I filled out Part 7 on the I-864). Two questions regarding this:

1. The balance of my savings and checking accounts have changed since I submitted the I-864 - how do I provide proof of the amount listed on the forms?

2. Bouncing off the last question, when I first submitted the I-864 in September my account balance was reasonable, so I chose to list it on the optional Part 7, in case it would help my parents' case. In October, I received a checklist from the NVC regarding a missing page on the I-864 and some missing documents. When resubmitting these, I mistakenly did not re-check the details on the I-864. I just printed out the form I had sent before (filled on the computer), with the missing page, and signed it. However, by October, of course my assets had changed from what they had been in September. And now, in December, they have changed even further since I am self-employed and partially living off of the balance in my accounts.

The NVC of course, will want proof of the reasonable amount that I listed way back in September (the amount that mistakenly remained on the form when I re-submitted after the errors) - however, I don't have that in the account anymore, so it's useless. I would like to re-send the forms, and leave Part 7 blank this time. It is optional anyway.

However, is it possible to re-submit after the case has been completely reviewed and my parents are waiting on their interview date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.