Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I'm on F2. Best way to bring fiancé after marriage before applying H4. She has valid tourist visa.

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am studying on F1 visa in the US and will graduate in an year. My fiancée has valid tourist visa. I am planning to get married this summer. So in order to bring her here I am a bit confused what's the best way to go about her visa. I have multiple questions here:

Option 1 is not to do anything. She comes here on tourist visa stays for few months as per the permitted period on the visa and leaves the country.

Can she say to the immigration officer that she is married? Can she renter in couple of months once she leaves?

Option 2 is to apply for student dependent visa. I have enough funds to support her which I earned from two internships. This seems like most natural option but I am afraid what happens if this visa is denied as I hear lot of denials for dependent visa for wives of students. What happens to her tourist visa if her student dependent visa gets denied? Will they cancel tourist visa stating that her purpose has changed? I think change of purpose is debatable since even though she will be married to me she will roam around in the US see places and leave as per terms on the tourist visa.

Can someone please help me how this situation is usually looked upon?

Option 3 is to apply for her h4 once I get H1 but that will not happen until 2015 oct I presume. I personally want her to stay here as much as she can before she can apply for H4. So student dependent is preferable but tourist can also work. Provided she can renter in couple of months or so. What's an acceptable gap in month for re-entry?

I would apply for student dependent visa if it's rejection doesn't affect her tourist status. Is there a 4th option?

Correction. I'm on F1.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.