Sharkano

December Interviewees Please Post If You Get Courier Message

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi to all my fellows/fellowettes who were interviewed in December. We were interviewed Dec. 5, issued Dec. 9 and waiting for the infamous e-mail from the courier that the visa has been released. If you were interviewed in December, please post if you get your courier message (or visa) so we can all track what's happening. Praying for news soon so Christmas can be shared. Thanks!

Will do. Interviewed 10th, AP 11th, Issued 12th myself. So might be on its way next week.

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

Woot, just learned from my hun that the visa is at the courier (Dec. 5 interview, Dec. 9 issue date) -- will post later once I learn if she got an e-mail first or what. Best to all!

Timeline

Update: we got no e-mail and no CEAC update, but packet is now at courier (my fiancee called the office where we are supposed to pick it up and it is there). Unfortunately, they close at 4 and are not open Saturdays, so she will get it at 8 a.m. Monday and hopefully be set!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update: we got no e-mail and no CEAC update, but packet is now at courier (my fiancee called the office where we are supposed to pick it up and it is there). Unfortunately, they close at 4 and are not open Saturdays, so she will get it at 8 a.m. Monday and hopefully be set!

Hmm, how did your partner get information on the package without the tracking number?

I called my local depo as I wanted to leave with my partner when the flew back to the states, however the lady on the end of the phone couldn't tell me anything about it without tracking number.

From another thread:

Well we checked the visa info website and found out about the tracking details. It's the same site you should have used to pay the visa fee.

Their web address is: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

Either that or whoever Sharkano's other half talked to doesn't know what the Data Protection Act is.

"What's yours is mine!"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

From another thread:

Well we checked the visa info website and found out about the tracking details. It's the same site you should have used to pay the visa fee.

Their web address is: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

That wouldn't happen to be the IVR number?

My status is still on 'Attend Interview'...

That wouldn't happen to be the IVR number?

My status is still on 'Attend Interview'...

No, that's just a number assigned to you when you sign up to pay your MRV fee and sort the courier out. No doubt it's used to get into your account if there's a problem or something.

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

She had no tracking number because we never got a visa e-mail from that auto-system. She just called and gave her name and the guy said it had just gotten there and she could pick it up. They won't be able to tell you anything without a tracking number UNLESS it is there and they are willing to tell you that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

She had no tracking number because we never got a visa e-mail from that auto-system. She just called and gave her name and the guy said it had just gotten there and she could pick it up. They won't be able to tell you anything without a tracking number UNLESS it is there and they are willing to tell you that.

Do you mind disclosing which pick up point? We have been waiting for ours since November and have not received word from the embassy or courier.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi to all my fellows/fellowettes who were interviewed in December. We were interviewed Dec. 5, issued Dec. 9 and waiting for the infamous e-mail from the courier that the visa has been released. If you were interviewed in December, please post if you get your courier message (or visa) so we can all track what's happening. Praying for news soon so Christmas can be shared. Thanks!

Interviewed on Dec 5th changed to issued on Mon 9th and got the email Wed afternoon from DOS with tracking no and collected the passport with the visa on Thursday 12th. Good luck to all who are waiting for there visa and I will pray that you all share festive Christmas with your family. I booked a flight for Tue 17th POE Orlando Florida.

That makes me smile/cry...I'm happy that you have your visa/passport because the wait is painful but sad because I don't understand where ours is. sad.png

Okay, I'm going to be dangerously blunt here. Instead of constantly going around saying "woe is me, my visa is lost!" - TAKE CHARGE AND DO SOMETHING!

First step - Email the embassy every single day until they get off their backsides and either find your passport/visa or give you concrete evidence as to what they've done with it. Contact form is here: http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Second step - Get in contact with your Congressman/Senator. Give them all the details of your case, explain the Embassy has potentially lost your visa, that neither the Embassy nor the Courier is accepting responsibility and you're getting absolutely nowhere. Make it clear that this is keeping you two apart.

Third step - Speak to the DOS Visa Team on (202) 485-7600 and explain the same as above in Step 2.

Fourth step - If all of the above fails, get in contact with the Office of the Inspector General: http://oig.state.gov/ - Contact them on the grounds that what is happening is mismanagement.

Edited by Wheatley

"What's yours is mine!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.