Jump to content

I-130 derivative beneficiary to I-140


1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

I am derivative beneficiary of I-130 filed by U.S. citizen (grandfather) for my mother (I-130 3rd preference). I am also eligible for 245i. I-130 is approved.
Can a derivative beneficiary of 245i apply for employment based immigrant petition?
If the beneficiary falls under 3rd preference, how can he work while waiting for the number to become current? I read that you can apply for EAD when the number becomes current (when he becomes eligible to file for adjustment of status?)
Is 245i derivative beneficiary allowed to work while waiting? Or must he find a company willing to sponsor him who cannot work a few years?

I posted on family based forum because my 245i benefit comes from my mother's approved I-130. Sorry if I posted on the wrong forum. Thank you for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...