Anne__

Delay with further info for medical exam

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'd really appreciate any words of wisdom about this! I've just had by medical exam in London which was fine (albeit a bit nerve wracking!), but they need some additional information from my GP about when I suffered from depression a few years ago. I completely understand the need to double check the information I gave them, but I'm a bit concerned about the time frame my GP gave me for getting the info to the Knightsbridge Doctors. They said the usual time frame is a minimum(!) of two weeks. The Knightsbridge doctor told me to insist upon its urgency etc, but the receptionist at my GP didn't seem too fussed about it. Has anyone had experiences like this? Do you think it will hold up the process very much? I'm feeling quite gutted about it. Thanks for your help :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello Anne,

I just left London and returned to Brasil to do my interview and medical exam here, but before leaving I went to my GP and asked for a report. So the doctor printed all my history since I started on that GP, all visits with comments, exams taken...I don`t know if it will help but I got it anyway. The doctor was very helpful printing for me without even ask. My medical exam will be on 3rd of december.

Good luck for you!

Timeline

Thanks Grace - I really wish I had thought of that! I was prepared for them asking about it but didn't realise they would need more info from my doctor. The Knightsbridge doctor said that they require this sort of thing if I had a history of high blood pressure or anything like that, so it's good to be prepared!! Good luck to you too!

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'd really appreciate any words of wisdom about this! I've just had by medical exam in London which was fine (albeit a bit nerve wracking!), but they need some additional information from my GP about when I suffered from depression a few years ago. I completely understand the need to double check the information I gave them, but I'm a bit concerned about the time frame my GP gave me for getting the info to the Knightsbridge Doctors. They said the usual time frame is a minimum(!) of two weeks. The Knightsbridge doctor told me to insist upon its urgency etc, but the receptionist at my GP didn't seem too fussed about it. Has anyone had experiences like this? Do you think it will hold up the process very much? I'm feeling quite gutted about it. Thanks for your help smile.png

I think the only thing you can really do is stress the importance of it to your GP. Seems to me it's up to them how quickly they get that sent over.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

I think you're right - I'm going to try emailing the practice manager and see if that helps. Not sure if the receptionist was having an off day or something, but it's really frustrating when they're so curt and unhelpful.

Timeline

Hey Anne..... Ask the gp receptionist to fax the info to knightsbridge instead of sending it through the mail...... I had to have a ct scan and the hospital faxed it through for me.... The embassy got the results today and 10 minutes after my case status date changed (from them logging my results) I received a call from the London Embassy telling me they had a couple of cancellations and could I make it to my interview tomorrow morning at 08.30...... I jumped at the chance, I still can't believe it! I am just packing my overnight bag then off to hotel in Oxford for the night for a 5am bus journey to London ........ I'm so excited!!!

Good luck with your gp, I hope they will get it to knightsbridge fast for you....?

Timeline

UPDATE:

My GP faxed the information to the Knightsbridge doctors this morning, and I just had a call from the doctor who did my medical - she said everything is fine with the report and my results have been passed on to the embassy. So happy!

If anyone else is concerned about this, I think it might be worthwhile asking your GP to provide a short report to take to the medical exam with you. It might save a headache! I'm surprised/happy my GP was able to send it off so quickly, the receptionist said it is usually a two week minimum.. My grovelling letter to the practice manager may have helped :) Try not to worry though - the knightsbridge doctors were really lovely about it and understanding - they knew I was worried it might delay things, and it was so nice of the doctor to call me personally to say it's all ok.

Thanks for your advice everyone!

Timeline

Glad to hear this came to a happy resolution for you!

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.