BradLina

Forms needed at Interview for K1-Visa in Colombia and I-134 questions

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So My fiance has scheduled her interview for the end of November for her K1 Visa. We want to know what forms we will need to bring with us or confirm that these forms are correct to bring with us.

Do we need forms DS-156 and DS-156K? If so does my fiance fill them out? Or Do I, the sponsor, fill them out?

We know about DS-160

We know about the DS-medical form which is given to us or submitted for us after the examination.

I-134 Question: Also my father is doing a joint sponsor with me and I want to know when filling out his I-134 form with me his wife is dependent of him will he need to state that on question 8? How will he answer questions 10 and 11 as a joint sponsor as well?

Any help is appreciated its hard finding the answers to these specific questions online especially the joint sponsor ones.

Also with Question 7 on i-134. I don't currently have a annual income number to put I just have an hourly wage or should I just put my annual wage from last year from Tax return?

Edited by BradLina

Timeline

Also I forgot to include this. In terms of my father answering question 11. My fiance and I will be living with him until she files for AOS and gets her Green card. So what would he put there as a joint sponsor?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You have to surrender to the embassy a copy of the full taxes of 2012 and a letter from your employee plus a copy of you most recent pay stub; all this will double check in your I-130 therefore if you are self employee you need also a letter from the bank to double check the total deposit in one year in you account,

Pay by hours or pay by a fix salary does no matter. they want to check your gross income and your possible qualifications to be the sponsor of your fiance. or you will need your father backup if he qualify to do so. The embassy checks in your passed taxes few details as "how many people you claim as dependent"

some people do not realized that this is the corner stone of the visa case. Money is the key word

They want to be sure that your fiancee will be no another tax payer expenses.

NO TICKET NO LAUNDRY

Edited by c12h22oh

Timeline

You have to surrender to the embassy a copy of the full taxes of 2012 and a letter from your employee plus a copy of you most recent pay stub; all this will double check in your I-130 therefore if you are self employee you need also a letter from the bank to double check the total deposit in one year in you account,

Pay by hours or pay by a fix salary does no matter. they want to check your gross income and your possible qualifications to be the sponsor of your fiance. or you will need your father backup if he qualify to do so. The embassy checks in your passed taxes few details as "how many people you claim as dependent"

some people do not realized that this is the corner stone of the visa case. Money is the key word

They want to be sure that your fiancee will be no another tax payer expenses.

NO TICKET NO LAUNDRY

So what kind of number would I put for my income myself? I've only been working at my current job for a year so I currently only have 3 pay stubs. Before this job I was working Colombia. Last year I was only working up to September of 2012. So I'm not sure what Im going to put to match up with the pay stubs that I will be submitting.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Discrepancies within the documentation you presented ...could affected your claim..... KAPUT!

do not try to invented the hot water ... or play smart with the USA in Bogota use your father income as collateral Smart move

The US Government have a chart that give you an idea how much you have to make in order to qualify,

and disclosure your last tax income as it is nothing invented .. taxes are federal documentations and you are a number (SS)

Now this is important !!!! you are the one who made claim you should be working as permanent status

or otherwise they (the CONSUL) is the one that can let slide this or encourage therefore you visa could be

denied. The American Embassy Consul in Bogota have the last say!!! therefore it is better that you pay safe all the time ....

OK good luck and remember no ticket no laundry.

Edited by c12h22oh

Timeline

HI,

I just received 4 days ago an email with all the instructions necessary to schedule an appointment at the USA embassy in Bogota, Colombia and was ALSO wondering if forms DS-156, DS156k and DS-230 needs to be filled out and taken to the embassy? NO WHERE in the email (3rd/4th package) says I must fill those forms.

The ONLY forms that says to filled out is DS-160 online and the I-134 Affidavit !!!

Any help is highly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

HI,

I just received 4 days ago an email with all the instructions necessary to schedule an appointment at the USA embassy in Bogota, Colombia and was ALSO wondering if forms DS-156, DS156k and DS-230 needs to be filled out and taken to the embassy? NO WHERE in the email (3rd/4th package) says I must fill those forms.

The ONLY forms that says to filled out is DS-160 online and the I-134 Affidavit !!!

Any help is highly appreciated!!

Thanks,

The reason why they list form DS-156 or DS-156K in the instructions is because you will most likely be paying the visa fee online and to do so you will have to fill in all your information and print it out to take to the embassy, so that form is no longer needed. DS-230 is only needed for CR/IR visas, not K visas.

I still recommend filling out form DS-156 just in case because we're dealing with the US embassy in Bogotá and they can be a mess some times, but like I said, since you're filling out the form online, they probably won't ask for form DS-156.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

The reason why they list form DS-156 or DS-156K in the instructions is because you will most likely be paying the visa fee online and to do so you will have to fill in all your information and print it out to take to the embassy, so that form is no longer needed. DS-230 is only needed for CR/IR visas, not K visas.

I still recommend filling out form DS-156 just in case because we're dealing with the US embassy in Bogotá and they can be a mess some times, but like I said, since you're filling out the form online, they probably won't ask for form DS-156.

Diana

Diana,

Thank you for your response. But, Forms DS-156 and DS-156k are NOT on my instruction email. The only form It says to take is form DS-160 confirmation page which is done ONLINE, and once's that's completed I will have to pay the k1 visa fee.

I am just concern that a lot of people applying for the K1 visa have filled out forms DS-156 and DS-156k. I don't know if the requirements have change or is no longer needed. I have looked online without no luck on this information.

So, in your case did you have to filled those two forms? or any idea what can I do?

Thanks,

Timeline

Diana,

Thank you for your response. But, Forms DS-156 and DS-156k are NOT on my instruction email. The only form It says to take is form DS-160 confirmation page which is done ONLINE, and once's that's completed I will have to pay the k1 visa fee.

I am just concern that a lot of people applying for the K1 visa have filled out forms DS-156 and DS-156k. I don't know if the requirements have change or is no longer needed. I have looked online without no luck on this information.

So, in your case did you have to filled those two forms? or any idea what can I do?

Thanks,

I didn't have to because I was the petitioner and we filed for a CR1 visa 6 years ago. However, the US embassy always asked for forms DS-156 and DS-156K before the online process was in place, once the system was up and running and people started using it to not only pay their visa fee but fill out their info as well, those forms were no longer needed. However, since others are mentioning those forms, it doesn't hurt to take them with you just in case. It's best to go over prepared and be ready to hit whatever curved ball they throw at you.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

I didn't have to because I was the petitioner and we filed for a CR1 visa 6 years ago. However, the US embassy always asked for forms DS-156 and DS-156K before the online process was in place, once the system was up and running and people started using it to not only pay their visa fee but fill out their info as well, those forms were no longer needed. However, since others are mentioning those forms, it doesn't hurt to take them with you just in case. It's best to go over prepared and be ready to hit whatever curved ball they throw at you.

Diana

Diana,

You are right!! I emailed the US embassy in Bogota and they replied that forms DS-156, DS-156k and DS-230 were replaced by online form DS-160 !! No need to filed those forms anymore. But, in any case I will complete them just to be safe!! You never know..

This is what they wrote to me:

Gracias por comunicarse con la unidad de visas de inmigrante. En atención a su comunicado, nos permitimos informarle que el formulario DS-160 reemplazo el DS-156, DS-156K y DS-230.
Cordialmente,

mmigrant Visa Unit
Unidad de Visas - Sección Consular
U.S. Embassy Bogota

DM

Timeline

Diana,

You are right!! I emailed the US embassy in Bogota and they replied that forms DS-156, DS-156k and DS-230 were replaced by online form DS-160 !! No need to filed those forms anymore. But, in any case I will complete them just to be safe!! You never know..

Gracias por comunicarse con la unidad de visas de inmigrante. En atención a su comunicado, nos permitimos informarle que el formulario DS-160 reemplazo el DS-156, DS-156K y DS-230.
Cordialmente,

mmigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Embassy Bogota

DM

good.gif

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Diana,

Estimado Solicitante,

Cordialmente,

mmigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Bogota

Email: nivbogota@state.gov

http://spanish.bogota.usembassy.gov/

DM

Hey v1, how long between the case being sent to bogota and you receiving the packet 3/4 by email? Also, did they send your fiancee anything to her Colombia address?

Timeline

Hey v1, how long between the case being sent to bogota and you receiving the packet 3/4 by email? Also, did they send your fiancee anything to her Colombia address?

I send the initial application on July 22, 2013 and they received on July 26. K1 Visa was approved on Sept 29, 2013. Then, they send the papers from the National Visa to Bogota on October 10, and on October 18, she received a call from the embassy in Bogota to ask for her email. The packet 3/4 was emailed !! they don't really use Post Office or anything like that. NO papers or anything was deliver to her home address in Colombia.

We are just waiting for her to get the Police reports and flue shots and ect!! Hope everything goes well.!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Does anyone knows when and where do you pay the affidavit fee? The form I-130 affidavit for K1 visa says is free, but someone told me that there is a fee that must be paid.

I was wondering when do you have to pay it and where? My fiancee has the appointment next month Dec and I want to have everything done correctly. By the way, form I-130 was the only form on the list (package 3/4).... that I must take. Is there any other Affidative form you know that I have to filled later on?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Timeline

Does anyone knows when and where do you pay the affidavit fee? The form I-130 affidavit for K1 visa says is free, but someone told me that there is a fee that must be paid.

I was wondering when do you have to pay it and where? My fiancee has the appointment next month Dec and I want to have everything done correctly. By the way, form I-130 was the only form on the list (package 3/4).... that I must take. Is there any other Affidative form you know that I have to filled later on?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

The only extra fees needed for a K1 visa are the medical and lab fees and the visa fee which you already paid online before making the interview appointment. There are no more additional fees.

The affidavit of support fee you may have heard about is for CR/IR visas which is paid directly to the NVC before the case is closed and sent to Bogotá for an interview.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.