347 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Called up and got our case number today from the NVC, they said to give it another week for the embassy to contact us. Anticipating a letter/call so we can get a medical scheduled.

Really hope you guys we'll get you're NOA2 soon, was hoping for it earlier for you guys ;( It seems Steffilein got theirs by e-mail recently, hope for the best for you other 2. Keep me updated!

NOA1: October 15th 2013

Alien# Change: October 31st 2013

NOA2: February 28th 2014

NVC # Receive: March 26th 2014

Medical: April 3rd 2014

Interview: May 8th 2014

Called up and got our case number today from the NVC, they said to give it another week for the embassy to contact us. Anticipating a letter/call so we can get a medical scheduled.

Really hope you guys we'll get you're NOA2 soon, was hoping for it earlier for you guys ;( It seems Steffilein got theirs by e-mail recently, hope for the best for you other 2. Keep me updated!

Thanks. I'm glad everything is moving more quickly after the NO2! Getting desperate now :protest::clock:

Lord, give me strength and lots of patience :cry:

Yessss give both of us a lot of patienceee :clock:

So I called USCIS because my request just past the 60 days they ask to wait and on top it past the 5 month mark on March 22 and the answer he

gave me was that now is not taking 5 months that is now taking 7 to 9 months!!! can you believe that omg!! and he said to wait another 15 to 30 days for an answer!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT!!!

Yes, today. They stated I need to wait the 90 days indicated on my service request response.

Wow that's crazy. I first waited 60 days now 15-30 days! that's the 90 days too! Patience is what we don't have

now! seriously! Best of luck to you

Wow that's crazy. I first waited 60 days now 15-30 days! that's the 90 days too! Patience is what we don't have

now! seriously! Best of luck to you

Thank you, and to you as well! I'm going to try to take a 2 week break, and not check my case status online or call in. It's too much of an emotional up and down. :(

Thank you, and to you as well! I'm going to try to take a 2 week break, and not check my case status online or call in. It's too much of an emotional up and down. :(

Yeah I know exactly what you saying! too much def. lets hope to get it asap! :clock::cry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Her medical is today, she's leaving now. So nervous! Hoping for the best from y'all, keep me updated! I check here at least once a day to see how you guys are doing.

NOA1: October 15th 2013

Alien# Change: October 31st 2013

NOA2: February 28th 2014

NVC # Receive: March 26th 2014

Medical: April 3rd 2014

Interview: May 8th 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I completely hear that. I was the same way waiting for our overdue NOA2 and it's exhausting. But when I did as you suggest here, and got away from that toxic daily cycle of hope-disappointment, it helped chill me out a little bit.

The further into this process we get, the more I'm convinced that it's like most other things in life: things happen when you're least looking for it. Our NOA2 arrived a few weeks after I stopped clicking refresh on VJ/USCIS every 3 minutes; I'm sure yours will be the same!

Hang in there, it'll definitely happen...in the meantime, try to take a step back and let things roll. Easier said than done, of course, but sending happy, calming thoughts your way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Clarification re: my last post, Butterflies. That zen approach is most applicable either BEFORE you've reached the 5-mo mark (when, as you've been told, not much you can do) or AFTER you've exhausted all of your post-5-mo action points.

Since you're coming up on the 5-mo mark next week, however, I'd suggest working your way through this list. You can put in service requests simultaneously, but follow up actively with the following:

1) Starting with calling customer service: 1-800-375-5283 ( sounds like you've already done it). When you call, don't press anything (even when it gives instructions) and it will kick you over to a live person. This person doesn't have a ton of information, but they can file a service request for you. The service request will provide information within 30 days, though, so that's a lot of waiting again.

2) You can also ask for a Tier 2 representative (if you say those magic words I think that have to oblige). They have a bit more information from your file and can tell you what dates the service center is currently processing (though in my experience, these dates aren't very helpful since everything seems to go randomly out of order anyway).

These are the normal recourses for information on an overdue petition.

3) If you STILL don't get any information. you can crank it up a notch and file an inquiry with the Ombudsman's Office (http://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman). That also takes up to 45 business days for a response.

4) After that, it's your Senator or Congressional Representative. This is what made the difference for us. Don't be afraid to push. Now you've got a leg to stand on, so don't be shy!

Once your Senator's staffers are on it (if it comes to that), THEN employ zen approach mentioned in previous post :innocent:

Good luck, keep us posted!!

Clarification re: my last post, Butterflies. That zen approach is most applicable either BEFORE you've reached the 5-mo mark (when, as you've been told, not much you can do) or AFTER you've exhausted all of your post-5-mo action points.

Since you're coming up on the 5-mo mark next week, however, I'd suggest working your way through this list. You can put in service requests simultaneously, but follow up actively with the following:

1) Starting with calling customer service: 1-800-375-5283 ( sounds like you've already done it). When you call, don't press anything (even when it gives instructions) and it will kick you over to a live person. This person doesn't have a ton of information, but they can file a service request for you. The service request will provide information within 30 days, though, so that's a lot of waiting again.

2) You can also ask for a Tier 2 representative (if you say those magic words I think that have to oblige). They have a bit more information from your file and can tell you what dates the service center is currently processing (though in my experience, these dates aren't very helpful since everything seems to go randomly out of order anyway).

These are the normal recourses for information on an overdue petition.

3) If you STILL don't get any information. you can crank it up a notch and file an inquiry with the Ombudsman's Office (http://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman). That also takes up to 45 business days for a response.

4) After that, it's your Senator or Congressional Representative. This is what made the difference for us. Don't be afraid to push. Now you've got a leg to stand on, so don't be shy!

Once your Senator's staffers are on it (if it comes to that), THEN employ zen approach mentioned in previous post :innocent:

Good luck, keep us posted!!

Yes, your are right. right now I'm past my 5 month and did a second request with a tier2 on monday and they said another 15-30 days. also I contact my senator last week and on monday they were going to contact USCIS in regards to my case! So much work but I hope is all worth it!

At the end we all will laugh hopefully! the worst waiting time ever!! :clock:

Nina.mb thank you so much for all of the info! I've gone through 1 and 2, and just need to wait it out a bit, as frustrating as that is.

Kada, let me know how that works for you! My first service request was much later than yours, so I feel if I go through Ombudsman or contact our Senator, they will tell me to wait the 30 days as indicated on my service request.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.