ramlirobin

Problem since asking for passport?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Today is the 25th day casa has had my husband's passport. AR has been FINISHED since before Feb. 7th (according to the Dept of State), when they called to to tell him to bring his passport in. Is there ANYONE who has had a problem once they asked for the passport? I thought this means the visa will definitely be issued, but I'm not sure of anything anymore when it concerns this consulate. I faxed a letter and release form to my senator on Friday so that he can check on this for me. I'm going to need a good psychiatrist if this goes on much longer.

Filed: Timeline

Unfortunately this is not that uncommon in Morocco. I honestly think things just sit in inboxes there until somebody finally gets to them, and from what I've seen on here, they take what is on top first, even if it was just put there, while only getting to what is lower down if they get to it, which doesn't seem to happen much since they seem to work slow.

I think the senator's letters are what actually get them to go dig in the inbox and touch what has been there forever.

That's just my opinion, but that's how things have looked to me the past year on here.

I'm sorry this is happening to you :( Majid got called to bring his passport on a Friday and had the visa the following Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar to what Liz posits is what is going on there, which must be INCREDIBLY frustrating for you.

Has your husband tried going to the Consulate to ask? Sometimes they actually will let them explain what's going on and respond (though I don't think that happens often).

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I concur with what everyone else has said. Last year, everyone was finding out about their interviews in 2 to 3 weeks of their petition being forwarded. We waited 6 weeks and got our Senator involved. It didn't take more than three days to get a response from my Senator, a response by email from Casa, and for my then fiance to get his packet. I do believe they let things lay around as they are incredibly busy. (I cannot imagine if I did that. I would have parents calling me all the time -- calling my principal too. It sucks they can get away with it.)

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The senator's office got my paperwork, but I still have not heard anything about my husband's visa. TODAY IS 4 WEEKS SINCE HE TURNED HIS PASSPORT IN TO THE CONSULATE. I was told it would be 3-4 weeks. so where the @#$% is it??? [venting]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.