sweet cakes

CFO registration form question

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just some quick questions on the CFO registration form:

1.) What do I put on the "YEAR OF MIGRATION" if my fiance was born and raised in US? - birth year

2.) Also on my fiance's CITIZENSHIP, which is the grammatically correct answer, "American" or "U.S."? Or either will do? I know this is a petty question, but just trying to avoid raising any CFO official's eyebrow. wink.png- U.S. Citizen (is fine on CFO's form)

Thanks guys! smile.png

Also, the form that will be given during the counseling is the "Guidance and Counseling Form" it has more questions than on the Registration Form. You will need the registration form once you Register (if u have ur visa in hand already). You can also obtain the registration form at CFO's office or the one online.

Timeline

Also, the form that will be given during before the counseling starts is the "Guidance and Counseling Form" it has more questions than on the Registration Form. You will need the registration form once you Register (if u have ur visa in hand already). You can also obtain the registration form at CFO's office or the one online.

Also, the form that will be given during before the counseling starts is the "Guidance and Counseling Form" it has more questions than on the Registration Form. You will need the registration form once you Register (if u have ur visa in hand already). You can also obtain the registration form at CFO's office or the one online.

OK, sis, Thanks! I am still debating if I should do the CFO seminar before or after my interview. Most likely prior to it, given the potential delay with processing of my visa at USEM with the shutdown of the federal government. sleep.png Ohh well! Thanks for the advice, Ann! smile.png

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

Most countries have prefixes that define whether a phone is a landline or a cell phone.

America does not. There is absolutely no way to tell if a line is a landline or a cell phone, further Telcos are forbidden by law from doing anything that identifies whether a phone number is a landline or a cell phone.

If you prefer Juliet, I'll get a pot, put some dirt in it, and on the day that you go to visit the CFO I'll lay my cell phone on it--then I'll have a legit "land line" phone number on that day. (Steve)

Not sure on that one. a quick google search of a number will show cell or landline. Not that they will go that far. I just googled my cell and vonage number and they showed up accurately. I wonder if magic jack could be considered a landline?

Go figure! Lol

Edited by typo808

Timeline

Ok, thanks, sis! That settles things.

By the way, aside from the land line number, his mom's maiden name, university degree/s, job, and the details as required on the online form, is there any other information that I need from him? smile.png

• Religion
  • Place of Birth
  • Date of Birth
  • Civil status prior to present relationship (if he was divorced/widowed, know his previous wife/wives nationality and how many kids they have, if any)
  • Telephone number (if he has no telephone number, you can put his mother's tel/cellphone number, or anyone close to him)

Timeline

i attended July 3, 2013. i registered online too but they never even asked about it, nor mentioned about registering online. everybody will be given some forms to fill up when you get inside the building. the form online is a lot different than the ones they give on the actual seminar. the actual forms has more personal questions about you and your fiance. i just got my sticker today (Oct. 1, 2013) and they required to fill up another form, this time, the form is more similar to the one online.

you can register online if you want to but you'll see on the day of interview that they won't even asked about the online registration.

i registered online too but they never even asked about it,

- it's probably because u don't have the visa in hand yet. (I see on ur timeline, u got ur visa approved last Sept 25th). so the form online is not yet needed until u have the visa in hand.

everybody will be given some forms to fill up when you get inside the building. the form online is a lot different than the ones they give on the actual seminar.

yes. because the form that will be given before the counseling is what we call the Guidance and Counseling Form (GCF) that has more questions asked compared to the Registration form online

i just got my sticker today (Oct. 1, 2013) and they required to fill up another form, this time, the form is more similar to the one online.

when u got ur sticker, that was the time when u were registering already. and that form online is the same to that long form back to back that u filled out at CFO. that's when if u want to save time answering the registration form they have in the office (that actually hurts to my eyes and takes time to fill out in those small boxes per letter) you can simply fill out the form online then print it and bring it to CFO. it would save ur time filling out the form at the office

you can register online if you want to but you'll see on the day of interview that they won't even asked about the online registration.

they don't really ask unless u tell them u have the visa in hand already and u will register on the same day if u will get the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC). after the seminar,if everything is ok, the counselee gets the certificate on the ground floor.. and may go to another window to register.. if they don't have the registration form yet, they can get it on the ground floor. or if they have the one online, they may simply submit the downloaded form from cfo's website. (This is in Manila)

The Registration Form online is only needed IF the counselee has their visa in hand already and will Register..

Timeline

Sorry, you lose. Sukie is from the USA. She is also from Queensland, and is used to being called the most vile of names because of it.

OK - YOU tell Mrs. McKinstry, my 5th grade history/geography teacher, that being "American" always means being from the US!!!

And, actually Juliet and Steve, I grew up in Alabama - so it's Alabaman, not Albanian <very big grin!>

Sukie

Well, gee golly gosh...what'cha expect from a Maniac?

(I was born in Maine)

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

Timeline

Not sure on that one. a quick google search of a number will show cell or landline. Not that they will go that far. I just googled my cell and vonage number and they showed up accurately. I wonder if magic jack could be considered a landline?

Go figure! Lol

I googled mine and the only thing that shows is an apartment rental (I own an apartment house). Is there a place that really ID's a person by phone number for free that one can google?

I hope the CFO doesn't look too closely as my phone number prefix is Oregon, but I live in New Hampshire. Most people do not know this--but you are taxed based upon the prefix's state. I chose Oregon because I have family there whose address that I used long ago and because they have the second lowest telco tax in America.

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.