kdude1

Questions about preparation before interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, we got our NOA2 about a month ago.

We have an affidavit of support i-134 cosponsor- it's my fiance's father. All I have though is the i-134 filled out and signed by him. Do I need both the last tax return AND birth certificate?

Is it possible to just bring the i-134 (I'd like to inconvenience my soon to be Father in law as little as possible lol), or would that lead to an interview denial?

Just trying to determine weather we need to ask for his birth certificate copy and most recent tax return.. it's such a personal thing to ask for lol, so I'm hoping I can just bring the filled out i-134 that he already sent.

Also, it has been a month since NOA2 and I am going to get my police check done soon. Due to me being super busy yet I havn't gotten around to calling in to get my case number and getting my medical booked in. Is it okay to wait until I receive a letter from the embassy telling me to get a medical before I book it in and get it ready, or will there be too little time?

Does anyone know how long it takes to book in and get the medical results in Victoria?

Thanks for all your help VJ! Can't believe we're post NOA2, feels amazing!

Edited by kdude1

Hi. I'm on the IR1 without the need of a co sponsor so can't help there but you can't get the medical done until you have your SYD ref number. If you have that from the NVC then go ahead and get your medical. It's valid for 6 months so keep that in mind. I did mine in Brisbane and it was pretty simple but there was only 1 place to get it done so Vic may be more hectic. You have to get it done where they tell you. Get the police check done too. Proactive.

Good luck..you'll need it!

HI there

I would call and get your case number and book your medical, no telling how long you will have to wait for an appointment. I did mine in Sydney, not sure how long things take in Victoria. I would also get onto your Police Certificate too, better to be prepared than to wait.

As far as the I-134 goes. You will need your Father in laws Birth Certificate or copies of his Passport Biographical page in order to verify his status as a US Citizen. You will also need his Tax Transcripts for the most recent tax year and evidence of his employment in the form of a letter from his employer or pay slips for at least 6 months verifying his employment status and income. If you just provide the I-134 with no supporting evidence you will receive an RFE requesting this information, the I-134 on it's own isn't sufficient.

Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Kdude, I am pretty sure that in Melbourne you don't need a case number to book a medical. I'm a little hazy on how it worked for me now but I do remember many of us Melbournites saying that it was different here and we had been able to set up the medical without having our case number in hand. You can definitely book the appointment in advance. I had to wait around a month for my appointment and once I had the medical it took a week to get the results. I'm not sure where you are in Victoria though, so this may not apply. If you're in Melbourne, go to Dr Charles Ograklik - as far as I know he's the only one there is actually, but I could be wrong.

I suggest you do a quick search for 'Melbourne medical' or 'Victoria medical' and see what comes up, you'll probably get more useful info that way.

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Oct 22, 2012 - RFE reply sent

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Nov 27, 2012 - Packet 3 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.