Brent and Vika

Ukraine Medical Exam FYI

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Vika and Kirill went for their exam today, She passed hers, results for him will be available Friday. The one thing that was a problem was they wanted to have her have the case number written somewhere, not just able to give to them verbally. I had read where you could just go with the case number but the woman was insistent that she needed a paper with the case number written on it. Our case number is assigned but still at NVC in additional processing. I don't know what she would even get from the embassy with a case number. Maybe an email? We had to do this while both her and Kirill were both in Kiev before they return to Lugansk next week. Just a friendly FYI, be prepared in case this comes up for anyone going for the interview. Maybe the woman was just having a bad day or something as others have done exactly what we did and not had a problem.

Timeline

I need to add that after some back and forth and checking for 25 minutes they finally allowed her to proceed for medical checks. Vika can be very persuasive when she needs to be. She said between her and Kirill that the exam took no more than 3 hours.

Timeline

I brought this up last week. When we called they wanted the KEV number written on something official and were pretty adamant about it. They did say however that I could just write some paper with it and make it look a little official. After that I called NVC and asked them. They told me that they would be happy to send an email with the number. They never did send the email but did send a letter dated a week before I called and a day or two after the embassy had already noted the paperwork as ready. The NVC paper was basically what they send to others as soon as the number is given, saying that it is finished at NVC and would be leaving in another week. LOL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We had the paper that the NVC sent me with the case number on it. She didn't get anything from the embassy until after we already passed the interview, so waiting for something official from the embassy would delay your case by a few weeks.

If you don't have anything, I guess just make up some paper saying something like: Your case for K1 visa has been forwarded to the Kyiv embassy. Your case number is: KEV1234567 and bring that to them.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

where do I get the case number? we have been approved waiting on paper work to get to Kiev. last email said or case was sent to Dept. of state. how do I go about getting the case number? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

where do I get the case number? we have been approved waiting on paper work to get to Kiev. last email said or case was sent to Dept. of state. how do I go about getting the case number? Thanks

Call either NVC or DoS and they'll tell you. Or wait and NVC will send you a letter with it. If you wait more, the embassy should also send a letter to the beneficiary.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

Just an update. They both passed the medical exam and picked up all the paperwork and are headed back to Lugansk for the start of Kirills school on Sunday. Yep that's right, it is always starts Septemebr 1st no matter what day of the week. Anyway she didn't need anything with the KEV number on it to pick up the completed medical. Still I would suggest having something with the KEV number. We did medical as soon as we got a case number because of the start of school approaching. We are still stuck in AP at NVC Hoping to move out soon, get to interview, and get them over here. Prayers and crossed fingers it moves fast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.