3 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Today marks seven weeks since my son and i did our interview and our CEAC status has been saying 'READY' since August 02, 2013, it was last updated August 23, 2013 and it is still saying 'READY'. Of note, our case was in Administrative Processing for approximately three weeks and now four weeks of being 'READY". I called DOS and they told me that all is well with the case and that i am to contact the Kingston Embassy as they dont see why the visas are not yet 'ISSUED', DOS also told me to have my petitioner contact the congressman for his assistance. I have emailed the kingston embassy more than one time now and still no response. What should i do now? what should be my next step?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Continue to email the embassy daily as they will respond to one of your emails soon or later. They are good at ignoring emails. Be sure to include in your email the fact tat you have spoken to DOS and explain to them what DOS explained to you. As you email them, contact your congress person to assist you. I've been told they must respond to a goverment official within 48 hours. Write your congress person ASAP.

I can't wait for my fiancé to get his visa in his hands because the embassy drags so much tat it's beyond ridiculous. Good luck!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Continue to email the embassy daily as they will respond to one of your emails soon or later. They are good at ignoring emails. Be sure to include in your email the fact tat you have spoken to DOS and explain to them what DOS explained to you. As you email them, contact your congress person to assist you. I've been told they must respond to a goverment official within 48 hours. Write your congress person ASAP.

I can't wait for my fiancé to get his visa in his hands because the embassy drags so much tat it's beyond ridiculous. Good luck!

Thanks, I will take your advice. I have emailed the embassy three times now (13, 20 & 27 of august) and my husband emailed them once (August 18) and no response. My husband called the congressman office already and they asked him to come to the office, which he will do during the course of this week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.