GC1981

Qs 14 AND Qs.18 on I-130

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Friends,

I am having a problem in understanding the question 14 on I-130.

It says "

Qs 14 ) If you relative is currently in US , complete the following : He or she arrived as

My answer : First time I came to US was on L1-B visa and 2nd time again on L1-B and third and final time on F1-B visa. So what should I fill in here?

Secondly ,

It asks for I-94 and there is a gap after 3 numbers which is very confusing because my I-94 says number in the format

6041XXXXX 26

Qs. 18) Address in the United states where your relative intends to live :

Is this address is supposed to be address where I live right now or my fiancee's address? We don't live together.

I would appreciate all replies.

Friends,

I am having a problem in understanding the question 14 on I-130.

It says "

Qs 14 ) If you relative is currently in US , complete the following : He or she arrived as

My answer : First time I came to US was on L1-B visa and 2nd time again on L1-B and third and final time on F1-B visa. So what should I fill in here?

Whatever the last entry was.

Secondly ,

It asks for I-94 and there is a gap after 3 numbers which is very confusing because my I-94 says number in the format

6041XXXXX 26

Just enter the numbers one digit per box. Ignore anything about spaces.

Qs. 18) Address in the United states where your relative intends to live :

Is this address is supposed to be address where I live right now or my fiancee's address? We don't live together.

I would appreciate all replies.

Wait, you guys are not married? On what basis are you filing an I-130?

Presumably you guys would be living together and this is the address where you guys are living together. If you guys will be living separately for some time for some reason, then I guess this is the address where the immigrant is/will be living. (Note that this form, I-130, is filled out by the petitioner, not the immigrant. So "your relative" refers to the immigrant.)

No we are married. I meant wife not fiancee . still getting used to that word since we just got married :) .

We do not live together because we have jobs in different places. yes, she will be filling out I-130 and I am just helping her put to fill this form :).

Thanks a lot !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.