Cha n Nel

The big move...Cebu to New York City

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A tip if you dont wanna cough $5.00 for the cart..you may have to go out of the terminal to the parking lot to "hunt" abandoned carts but it is kinda far...

Congrats! You made it. Im sure your exhausted. Thank you for the updates! Where you gonna be in NY? Queens?

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Timeline

Thank you. I was too tired to do updates...but here it goes.

1:40 PM PST Took off from LAX for JFK...expect stretches of turbulence...

9:40 PM EST Arrived in JFK Delta terminal 4...if you have huge bags prepare to cough up $5.00 for you to use a cart from the "vendo". The machine accepts $10 and credit cards. Also its hard to find a free wifi spot to communicate and coordinate pick up so you may need to use coins for the payphone. I learned the hard way that it only acceps 5, 10 and 25 cents and what I have are 50 cents ton1.00 coin. Good thing my wife and our daughter found me...

whew...was sooo dead tired from this but well worth the experience...

Glad you made it ok !!! Welcome to America !!!

I just booked Dahlia's flight...she leaves Manila this Saturday around noon time arriving Seattle Saturday evening...it will be a long day for her also :-)

Cheers,

cjmc

thank you and yes...we live in Queens...pretty decent place...a fr cry from how it was depicted in Coming to America

Congrats! You made it. Im sure your exhausted. Thank you for the updates! Where you gonna be in NY? Queens?

Edited by Cha n Nel

thank you, good that she is on her way...although it wont be tiring as mine since she doesn't have two connections...I still have fond memories of Sea-Tac airport when I was there for training with Expedia in bellevue in 2011...

Glad you made it ok !!! Welcome to America !!!

I just booked Dahlia's flight...she leaves Manila this Saturday around noon time arriving Seattle Saturday evening...it will be a long day for her also :-)

Cheers,

cjmc

Timeline

thank you, good that she is on her way...although it wont be tiring as mine since she doesn't have two connections...I still have fond memories of Sea-Tac airport when I was there for training with Expedia in bellevue in 2011...

Yes, you had quit a grind....the extra flight to NY I am sure was a long one.... it will take you a couple of weeks to get your clock straightened out...

cjmc

Timeline

9:40 PM EST Arrived in JFK Delta terminal 4...if you have huge bags prepare to cough up $5.00 for you to use a cart from the "vendo". The machine accepts $10 and credit cards. Also its hard to find a free wifi spot to communicate and coordinate pick up so you may need to use coins for the payphone. I learned the hard way that it only acceps 5, 10 and 25 cents and what I have are 50 cents ton1.00 coin. Good thing my wife and our daughter found me...

WELCOME TO THE BIG APPLE :) Glad you made it safely! Lucky you can still go out while it is still warm out! I actually miss living in Queens. Its so convenient to all the stores and restaurants plus you can just hop on a train and you can explore Manhattan & Brooklyn. The subways system can be a little confusing but I am sure you'll master it in no time. haha. You're right in time for winter. Finally you're wife will have someone to shovel the snow. hahaha.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

lol, I don't have any winter clothes yet...believe it or not, it hasn't totally sunk in that I'm here now reunited with my wife and kid...

WELCOME TO THE BIG APPLE :) Glad you made it safely! Lucky you can still go out while it is still warm out! I actually miss living in Queens. Its so convenient to all the stores and restaurants plus you can just hop on a train and you can explore Manhattan & Brooklyn. The subways system can be a little confusing but I am sure you'll master it in no time. haha. You're right in time for winter. Finally you're wife will have someone to shovel the snow. hahaha.

Congratulations! You made it!!!! I bet you are still in twilight... adjusting diff. time zone

I'm next... I'm currently at Taipe Airport with 8hrs layover yay! then 11hrs flight.......<3

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline

lol, I don't have any winter clothes yet...believe it or not, it hasn't totally sunk in that I'm here now reunited with my wife and kid...

I'm sure you'll adjust pretty well. You'll probably only miss Christmas / New Years in the Philippines since it gets lonely sometimes...not like in the Philippines. haha. Hey at least you get to spend it with your wife & daughter :) Time to explore the BIG APPLE before you get a job :) LOL

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

I wish it were that simple, but the cost of airfare to fly directly out of Cebu was just too much since I already looked at several fare combos and irineraries. When I bought both tickets around August 7, who would have thought there would be a weather problem around my dates of travel as well. It was really my primary option to fly from Cebu then maybe to Incheon (ICN) or Narita (NRT) or Taipei (TPE) or HOngkong (HKG) then straight to JFK but as I said , airfare was already hovering around $2k for August.

Why didn't just fly out of CEBU?

So far I love it here...hopefully I can do Empire State and re-visit times square before it snows...also wanting to do food trips like Katz Deli and some other burger joints (Yes I'm

a burger person)

I'm sure you'll adjust pretty well. You'll probably only miss Christmas / New Years in the Philippines since it gets lonely sometimes...not like in the Philippines. haha. Hey at least you get to spend it with your wife & daughter :) Time to explore the BIG APPLE before you get a job :) LOL

Timeline

So far I love it here...hopefully I can do Empire State and re-visit times square before it snows...also wanting to do food trips like Katz Deli and some other burger joints (Yes I'm

a burger person)

Go to Shake Shack!

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.