vanityyve

Processing Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination - (Maryland) Terrible!

1 post in this topic

My experience in Maryland Civil Surgeons:

August 2, 2013

My husband and I looked through the affiliated civil surgeons of USCIS online and we saw a bunch of them with their clinic information. We opted to go to the nearest one. The first surgeon that we called was not around at that time as no one was answering. We called the second civil surgeon we chose from the list and we provided them information such as: Form- 3025 Vaccination Documentation Sheet information provided by St. Lukes Medical, Manila and its end result stated: Vaccine History Incomplete (Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccination not medically appropriate). The only vaccine unchecked was Rotavirus (this is only applicable to babies). The medical receptionist told us that we will still undergo physical exam and needs to have some blood work to check if I am still immune with the vaccines and this would cost us more or less $350.

We thought it was absurd. Thinking they could take advantage and make money out of this immigration medical process. We called another one and this time, they clearly told us that there’s no need to undergo medical exam and just print out 3 copies of Form I-693, passport for identity verification and Form 3025 St. Lukes Vaccination Documentation Sheet. The cost would only be for $60.

According to http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf:

If you were admitted as a:

a. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

b. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

c. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

August 7, 2013 – 2:30PM

We went to the clinic and told them about acquiring the Form I-693. They asked for my required documents. When the nurse saw my Form I-3025 they noticed that I was only given 1 shot of TDP and MMR and we are suppose to have 2 shots, one as a booster. So for us to complete the vaccination record for Adjustment of Status, I have 2 options:

1. Get the vaccines ($130) or;

2. Blood tests to determine if you still have the antibodies from the vaccines administered ($100)

Plus $125 physical exam and $60 for processing the forms. This was the most upsetting things I heard from them. My husband was so upset that he agreed with the payment and just want to get it over with. When we arrived home, I called another surgeon out of my curiosity, if they really charge you for acquiring Form I-693. To our dismay, we received the same feedback as other civil surgeons did. To those I have researched with regard to this Form not being charged anything, it’s either they had the complete vaccines from the Philippines or they were just lucky enough to found a doctor that wasn't too greedy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.