Rodney

Bogota embassy interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Finally there. Well almost.

For all that read this. Taking the packet 3 papers in once you know they have left NVC will help in some cases. It made the difference of a month for us. (it would have been Jan.)

Left NVC on 11-3

Arrived at embassy 11-7

Pkt 3 in hand 11-21

We hand carried the necessary papers to the embassy on 11-13. Doing this got us the Dec. appointment. Just passing the tip along again. Thanks again Peter Miami.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Rodney, Thanks for the reassurance..We've got everything ready for the moment our docs arrive in Bogota...we'll be faxing from Medellin and sending via Servientrega. Good luck with the interview and please let us know how it all goes. By the way, do you plan to go with your spouse?

For all that read this. Taking the packet 3 papers in once you know they have left NVC will help in some cases. It made the difference of a month for us. (it would have been Jan.)

Left NVC on 11-3

Arrived at embassy 11-7

Pkt 3 in hand 11-21

We hand carried the necessary papers to the embassy on 11-13. Doing this got us the Dec. appointment. Just passing the tip along again. Thanks again Peter Miami.

7/19/06 - Married in Medellin

9/4/06 - Submitted I-130

9/18/06 - NOA1 Recieved

9/25/06 - Submitted I-129F

9/27/06 - NOA1 Recieved

11/22/06 - NOA2 Recieved for BOTH I-129F & I-130(APPROVED!!!)

1/22/07 - 1st Interview in Bogota (221g Issued, new appointment scheduled)

02/16/07 - 2nd Interview (Visa Denied)

2/21/07 - Contacted Senator Saxby Chambliss GA for Assitance

7/23/07 - 3rd Interview - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

11/13/07 - POE - JFK

AOS...A new journey begins

2/7/08 - AOS Officially In Mail _ Overnight Mail to Chicgo

2/8/08 - Recieved in Chicago

2/14/08 - NOA1 Recieved

3/11/08 - Biometrics Appointment

4/11/08 - Recv'd Email - EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered

4/15/08 - Recv'd EAD Card, Applied for SS Card

4/21/08 - Recv'd SS Card

4/20/09 - Interview Date

6/12/09 - AOS Approved

7/25/09 - Received Green Card in Mail

4/23/11 - 2nd Interview - Approved Lifted Conditions

12/13/2012 - Naturalization Ceremony (FINALLY OVER)

Good luck to the both of you, Rodney!!!

Our appointment is the 15th, I think that's the Friday before.

Take Care!

james

Left NVC on 11-3

Arrived at embassy 11-7

Pkt 3 in hand 11-21

6/14/2011 AOS Filed Chicago

6/16/2011 AOS Packet Delivered

7/16/2011 NOA1's Recieved

7/25/2011 ASC Appt Notice recieved

8/18/2011 Biometrics scheduled (Ft. Myers)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Rodney, Thanks for the reassurance..We've got everything ready for the moment our docs arrive in Bogota...we'll be faxing from Medellin and sending via Servientrega. Good luck with the interview and please let us know how it all goes. By the way, do you plan to go with your spouse?

OskaryAndrea,

Yes, I will be there with her. I leave on the 17th. We should return to America on the 20th or 21st. I feel it is important to be in the interview and also to accompany her back here. The embassy will see the support and I can answer any questions first hand. The trip will be a difficult day for her, so it is only right I accompany her.

Like Peter Miami has posted many times in the past. The cutoff is around the 20th of a month. So you need to get the OF169 and DS230 part 1 in as soon as possible. This is especially important for the two of you being in Medellin. Your papers will take longer due to the distance and poor mail system.

Good luck to you guys and any others in process.

wow so fast, we have the same date of arrival and when it left enbassy, unluckily, manila embassy let us for 150 days before ill have the packet :crying:

anyway, goodluck! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.