batallion9

Question about Ukraine embassy interview.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Our case (I-129f) was approved July 3, released to NVC july 25. I have a few questions regarding Ukraine ONLY!

1. How long after we get case number before we can get medical exam. What is the wait time on available appointments???

2. How long is wait time on scheduling interview at embassy? I read some people got quick interview like in 2 weeks, others had to wait 2 months. What is wait time in Kiev.

Any information is appreciated. I am trying to figure out when my fiancé will be able to get here. I have some work out of town and want to be home when she arrives.

Edited by batallion9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Our case (I-129f) was approved July 3, released to NVC july 25. I have a few questions regarding Ukraine ONLY!

1. How long after we get case number before we can get medical exam. What is the wait time on available appointments???

2. How long is wait time on scheduling interview at embassy? I read some people got quick interview like in 2 weeks, others had to wait 2 months. What is wait time in Kiev.

Any information is appreciated. I am trying to figure out when my fiancé will be able to get here. I have some work out of town and want to be home when she arrives.

Congratulations.

1. Immediately when you have your KEV number. The Kiev clinic is almost a "walk-in", you can usually get an appointment the next day. Many people who have to travel to Kiev schedule the medical exam for the day before the visa interview. You get the medical exam results the same afternoon

2. Varies. From tomorrow to 2 months. Depends on work load at the time, you just have to call and ask the availability. When I called for our interview in 2008 I was offered one in 3 weeks...Alla was not able to attend that one due to business travel, the next available was 6 weeks later! When Sergey went for his K-2 to follow interview in June 2009, you could get next day appointments!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just went to schedule our interview. They had slots available as early as Monday August 5.

They had slots available for pretty much the entire month of August except for 3 days, otherwise every day Mon-Fri was available.

Most days have both 7:45am and 8:30am slots available. Some days only had 7:45am slots (I assume the 8:30 slots are more popular and get filled up faster).

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.