MiltonAnaya

Dominican Republic I-129F

8 posts in this topic

Hi, does anyone have experience with this type of visa in the DR ? My fiancé and I have been together 2 years, have a daughter and he even has my name tattooed REALLY big on his arm.

Should I take the baby to the interview ?

Hi, does anyone have experience with this type of visa in the DR ? My fiancé and I have been together 2 years, have a daughter and he even has my name tattooed REALLY big on his arm.

Should I take the baby to the interview ?

It's optional if you want to take the child to the interview, As long as you have your childens birth cert. with you and shows his name on it you should be ok. Now as far as him having a BIG tattoo with your name on his arm, will NOT be considered "proof of relationship". Everything else you should be ok. Good Luck.

~* GodsGift225*~

It's optional if you want to take the child to the interview, As long as you have your childens birth cert. with you and shows his name on it you should be ok. Now as far as him having a BIG tattoo with your name on his arm, will NOT be considered "proof of relationship". Everything else you should be ok. Good Luck.

co-sign ;)

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

The babys birth certificate doesn't have his name on it because she was born in the U.S and they said if he wasn't present, his name wouldn't appear on it. She has his last name though. I also have one of the pregnancy test I had done over in DR .

The babys birth certificate doesn't have his name on it because she was born in the U.S and they said if he wasn't present, his name wouldn't appear on it. She has his last name though. I also have one of the pregnancy test I had done over in DR .

This may be an issue as they would went to confirm that the child indeed is his. Try dropping a msg to our good friend reese1 who had a similar expirence a couple of months ago and maybe able to guide you in the right direction.

~* GodsGift225*~

This may be an issue as they would went to confirm that the child indeed is his. Try dropping a msg to our good friend reese1 who had a similar expirence a couple of months ago and maybe able to guide you in the right direction.

Ok, thank you so much

Sorry, but like GodsGift225 posted tattoo is not proof nor is the child if the fathers name is not on the BC even with the last name. Not sure how long you have before your interview but once the affidavit of parentage is received by your state agency that handles that, it can be anywhere from 1-6 months to get the updated BC. Have you looked into having the dad added?

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

I have enough proof to not have to involve the baby but I know its the strongest proof.I talked to a lawyer and he said to just wait because I never know what they are going to say and his name on the BC isn't proof

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.