Martyshk

Kyiv Tourist Visa: Administrative Processing

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Everyone:

My in-laws went for an interview for a tourist visa today in Kyiv.

They were given a yellow paper (and a pink paper) and were told that (only my father-in-law) needs to send more documents (because he's a biochemist) like publications and work he did in order for a visa to be processed.

The consul was going to keep the passports, but the in-laws are traveling to Germany in 2 weeks so they took the passports with them.

To me it sounds like they just want to verify my father-in-law does not/has not work(ed) for the government and does not do research on some crazy stuff. And it feels like if the consul wanted to keep the passports it was a good sign.

In any case, just wanted to share this, in case someone has some insight.

I have heard before that scientists and whatnot are being put in AP in Kyiv for tourist visas.

Also, to give some background: both of my in-laws have traveled to Europe extensively (about 50 trips in the past 5 years between them to Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain).

So, again, if someone wants to chime in, please do.

I do not have all the information at the moment as they have not scanned their yellow paper to send me yet, but they said it just states that they need more documents (like I mentioned: publications, full job history and a resume).

- Martyshk

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Update:

So they took photos of the 221(g) and it seems that because he's a scientist they only have 1 form for it...(Mantis check, I guess?) which asks for US contacts (scientific/professional) and people inviting him (my father-in-law) to US as a scientist....

Bunch of BS.

But here it is, attached

post-75675-0-72190600-1370456978_thumb.jpg

post-75675-0-42694600-1370456980_thumb.jpg

post-75675-0-88516000-1370456981_thumb.jpg

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Interesting. My MIL applied from Kherson, and had no questions at her interview in Kiev. She is not really a scientist though, more of a engineer I guess. She runs a metallurgy lab for an aluminum producer. Thanks for posting this though.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Interesting. My MIL applied from Kherson, and had no questions at her interview in Kiev. She is not really a scientist though, more of a engineer I guess. She runs a metallurgy lab for an aluminum producer. Thanks for posting this though.

My mother-in-law is a Geology professor in the university. They had no questions for her at all. They said she's only in AP because they are both applying together and they will be traveling together. So once my father-in-law's stuff is sorted out, she'll be put through automatically.

So far, they've sent the stuff back to the embassy by the e-mail and now we just have to wait...

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Update:

They got the following reply from the embassy:

Dear Mr. xxxx:

Thank you for providing your CV. We would appreciate it if you could also send us your U.S. Invitation Letter (can be an email from your relatives). We need this document for administrative processing of your case.

Sincerely,

Non-Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

Kyiv

----------

So it seems like things are moving along. My wife and I will write up a letter (even though this says it can even be an e-mail) and hopefully their AP will be over soon(ish...)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Update:

Visas were issued yesterday. Passports are on the way back.

Will update later with the visa duration (curious about that, I gotta say).

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Visas issued.

Mother-in-law: 5 years

Father-in-law: 1 year (because of his science background)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congratulations!

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.