Love's JAA

Got letter I-129F left NVC on its way to Abu Dhabi - what's next?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anyone give me a run down on what to anticipate from the US Embassy at Abu Dhabi in regards to/ K-1 visa procedures?

They are supposed to email me the petitioner, rather than emailing/mailing beneficiary?

How long after NVC should I hear from the embassy?

Is it true, you just bring everything on interview day?

Can any of you who have completed the K-1 visa process kind of summarize the whole experience and give some tips on the best way to proceed and give tips on the aspects you thought confusing, ambiguous, or the most efficient way to complete it.

One thing, my fiancee don't have medical or vaccination records. Is this a problem?

My fiancee is from Philippines residing in Dubai.

Thanks for your help. After all the time spent on the petition, suddenly feel confused and anxious about the rest of the visa steps.

Also, can you tell me what are the good hotels to spend the night near the Abu Dhabi US Embassy?

Hi! we just got our date for interview in Abu Dhabi - July 23...SOOO far ..lol

you will be automatically scheduled, and a letter will be sent to both partys via email. from what I am understanding, you dont send in anything at this point. Fill out all your DS forms, have pet and bene sign, originals, and all the other paperwork as listed on the appointment letter. he/she will pay all visa fee's at the appointment (240.00 USD - she MUST have U.S DOLLARS CASH, NOT Dirhams, NOT CREDIT CARD

let me know if you want me to send you mine, so you know what to expect...

it seems the embassy is in the square between 2nd Street, 30th Street, 29th Street and 33rd Street. As far as I know, there aren't too many hotels around there. You could try the Al Raha Beach Resort - WHICH IS very expensive or, for a cheaper option, maybe "the village" by onetoone hotels. The latter is off Salam Street. Anything on Al Salam Street will do - I personally LOVE the Royal International Hotel - 5 star and about 100/night cheaper on HOTELS.COM

Either way, you will have to take a taxi to the embassy in the morning. Traffic is Abu Dhabi is generally much better than in Dubai, but from either hotel I would allow at least an hour just to be on the safe side. I always get held up in Abu Dhabi traffic.

Also, Any taxi Driver will know where the embassys are.

Contact me for anything! GOOD LUCK!

Can anyone give me a run down on what to anticipate from the US Embassy at Abu Dhabi in regards to/ K-1 visa procedures?

They are supposed to email me the petitioner, rather than emailing/mailing beneficiary?

How long after NVC should I hear from the embassy?

Is it true, you just bring everything on interview day?

Can any of you who have completed the K-1 visa process kind of summarize the whole experience and give some tips on the best way to proceed and give tips on the aspects you thought confusing, ambiguous, or the most efficient way to complete it.

One thing, my fiancee don't have medical or vaccination records. Is this a problem?

My fiancee is from Philippines residing in Dubai.

Thanks for your help. After all the time spent on the petition, suddenly feel confused and anxious about the rest of the visa ste

Also, regarding vaccinations - My fiance is in the same boat - I was told by a friend who completed this process in Abu Dhabi, they will just get the required shots the day of, maybe 2 MAX and have to finish whatever is reccomended by the Doc when he/she arrives to states. good thing is alot of those vaccinations are for small babies or infants - not needed for adults..but some are. It will all work out :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! we just got our date for interview in Abu Dhabi - July 23...SOOO far ..lol

you will be automatically scheduled, and a letter will be sent to both partys via email. from what I am understanding, you dont send in anything at this point. Fill out all your DS forms, have pet and bene sign, originals, and all the other paperwork as listed on the appointment letter. he/she will pay all visa fee's at the appointment (240.00 USD - she MUST have U.S DOLLARS CASH, NOT Dirhams, NOT CREDIT CARD

let me know if you want me to send you mine, so you know what to expect...

it seems the embassy is in the square between 2nd Street, 30th Street, 29th Street and 33rd Street. As far as I know, there aren't too many hotels around there. You could try the Al Raha Beach Resort - WHICH IS very expensive or, for a cheaper option, maybe "the village" by onetoone hotels. The latter is off Salam Street. Anything on Al Salam Street will do - I personally LOVE the Royal International Hotel - 5 star and about 100/night cheaper on HOTELS.COM

Either way, you will have to take a taxi to the embassy in the morning. Traffic is Abu Dhabi is generally much better than in Dubai, but from either hotel I would allow at least an hour just to be on the safe side. I always get held up in Abu Dhabi traffic.

Also, Any taxi Driver will know where the embassys are.

Contact me for anything! GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for your reply!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.